Chapter 33

As I inspected the different features of the car, Henry and Matt ran out the front door and jumped into the car with us.

"This is so cool!" Henry said excitedly while looking at the different buttons in the front of the car.

"Everyone come out here, let me get a picture of you guys in front of the car!" Clay's mom yelled.

We all got out of the car and posed in front of it. Matt and Henry crouched in front of us.

"Say cheese!"

We all smiled as Clay's mom snapped multiple pictures of us in front of the car. Clay walked over to her and looked at the pictures before sending them to himself and me. Nick jumped back into the car and sat in the front seat.

"Clay whenever you are driving me around I get the Aux cord."

Clay rolled his eyes and pulled Nick out from the car, making everyone laugh as Nick sat on the ground, a look of defeat on his face.

A tan car then quickly turned around the corner, passing the house slowly. I squinted to realize that it had been the same car that passed by not even ten minutes ago. I turned to Henry as the car quickly drove away. He had been staring at the car as well. We both seemed to recognize it, but we weren't able to decide who's it was.

Clay's dad then walked out the front door and gave me a hug.

"Happy 16th buddy, i'm glad you like the car."

I thanked him as he messed up my hair. We all headed back inside after the wind started to pick up. I pulled out my phone to see the pictures that Clay had sent to me. I saved them and made one of them my lock screen.

                      ——————————

"George, can I take you somewhere?" Clay asked. Everyone had left, and we were just relaxing together.

"Where?" I asked, standing up and putting my shoes on. I grabbed one of Clay's hoodies and slipped it over my head and pulled it down. Clay smiled as he stood up and threw a hoodie on as well.

"Let's go get lunch." I smiled and followed Clay down the stairs and outside to the blue car waiting in the driveway. I hopped into the front seat and fastened my seatbelt as Clay started the engine.

"Isn't this some sort of illegal?" I asked worriedly, "Don't you have to wait like a year until you can drive me around?"

"It's only a 5 minute drive, don't worry." He turned on the radio and backed out of the driveway, heading towards the main road.

We arrived at a small restaurant. I hopped out of the car and followed Clay in to the building. We sat at a table in the corner, next to the window. I skimmed through the menu before a waiter came over and asked what we wanted to drink. I ordered a water and so did Clay.

As the waiter walked away, Clay turned and smiled at me. I smiled back, before Clay opened his mouth to speak.

"I have something for you."

"Aw Clay, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Yes I did stupid." He laughed before pulling out a small rectangular present from the inside of his hoodie. "Open it."

I slowly unwrapped the paper revealing a picture frame. The picture inside was Clay and I at a hockey game last year. He had been standing behind me, his arms resting on my shoulders. I looked up from the picture and smiled, before wiping a tear away.

"You remember that day?" He asked. I nodded as I looked back down at the picture. I was wearing Clay's beanie that had the Tampa Bay Lightning logo on it.