31

mauve's pov

i wake up again sprawled on draco's chest. i feel my cheeks redden and i slip out of his firm grasp. i toss my hair in a bun and walk out of his room, when i collide with a hard chest.

i fall flat on my bum and look up to glare at whoever i bumped into. i laugh when i see theo and blaise's shocked faces.

"heyyyyy funny seeing you guys here." i joke while standing up.

theo's eyes dart from draco's door to me, his mouth still agape. "well shit, get it sis."

i roll my eyes and shove him. we walk into the common room and my eyes roll themselves when i see pansy sitting on the couch expectantly looking in my direction.

her nose flares when she looks me up and down and i suddenly become aware i'm wearing draco's quidditch hoodie.

"so want to tell me why you're wearing my boyfriends hoodie? you shouldn't even be here, you know." she glares at me. pft as if that'd hurt me- wait did she say boyfriend.

"boyfriend?" i shoot a questioning look at blaise and theo, but they seem surprised as well. "i didn't know you guys were dating?"

she smirks, seeming to have expected this answer. "yeah, he made it official last night."

last night... and he still let me come over. i shake my head at the thought and look away, not wanting pansy to see the emotions on my face. defeat, hurt, sadness i'm sure. i hear footsteps behind me and i see a confused draco.

his silver eyes meet mine and he seems to take in my sad expression because he looks at me with worry.

in one swift move, i remove his sweater and hand it to him.

he looks at me confused, shaking his head. "that's your favourite one though. you love to hide it whenever i'm in your room just so you can keep it longer."

but i shake my head and place it in his arms. i walk towards the exit but stop once i'm in front of it. i turn around and look at pansy, ignoring the sad gazes of blaise and theo as well as draco's confused expression.

"congratulations, pansy. you make a cute couple."

she beams and walks over to draco, while i hurry out of the room. my head is hung in embarrassment and i know i need to get over him.

i don't show up to any of my classes today which meant my phone kept blowing up from texts of my friends. i'll reply later, but i need to collect myself first.

i hide away in my dorm, blasting music in my ears to distract me from my thoughts. luna had tried to talk to me earlier, but she quickly realized i was in no mood to do so.

merlin, the melancholy state i'm in is driving me insane. maybe if i did confess sooner, would that have changed anything? maybe he'd be with me instead...

and now i'll never know.

theo was right.
i would rather have had him tell me he didn't like me, then keep wondering whether it could have been different. i should have told him.