35: the end

mauve's pov

"that's why i'm not sure, i dunno." i confess to hermione.

she looks at me sympathetically and holds my hand. "look, i won't lie. harry does really like you. and it would be amazing to have you around more often, especially since the boys drive me absolutely bonkers." she laughs. "but you talk about draco with such... admiration? i don't know. i don't understand it, well he did bully my friends and myself for years. but he seems like he cares about you, way more than pansy."

"i just feel bad," i groan hitting my head on the picnic table. "harry is such an amazing person, and i know i should be moving on from draco. but it's so hard. i've liked him for so long... and i've had so much hope. but he's with pansy now."

"not officially." hermione reminds me. "just because draco may or may not be with pansy does not mean you have to date harry."

i nod. "i know. i like him, but..."

"it's not the same?" the curly haired brunette finishes for me.

"yeah.."

we hear loud wails and our heads turn to face the direction of the noise.

"is that... pansy?" i squint and hermione nods, tilting her head in confusion.

"i believe so. i wonder what happened...." she trails off, glancing behind me. "well i hope you have your answer, because harry's coming our way."

"fuck already?" i try to convince myself this is fine, but i still feel so conflicted. i look over at theo who gives me an uneasy smile. he looks around expectantly, tapping his shoe with impatience. i wonder who he's waiting for.

"mauve." i spin around, coming face to face with a smiling brunette.

i stand up to properly face him.

his cheeks are a light pink hue and i know mine aren't the same. guilt eats me up and i realize it might be the same as it was with luke.

"mauve, will you go out with me?"

it feels like every eye in the courtyard is watching me. and i wouldn't be surprised if i was right.

i open my mouth to reply but then close it. fuck what do i say? i don't want it to end up like luke, yet it already feels like it will. i open my mouth again to respond.

"no, i'm sorry harry."

harry looks saddened but nods anyways. before i can say anything else, a yell is heard through the entrance of the yard.

"WAIT!"

my eyebrows furrow at the familiar voice, and i twist my head to see a slither of platinum blonde hair running past everyone.

"draco?" i mutter in disbelief.

i look over at theo, who's smirking proudly. that little bitch. he meets my eyes and shrugs, attempting to look innocent. by the time i turn my head back around, draco is taking large strides towards me.

"draco, what are you doing?" i ask in confusion.

he frowns seeing potter beside me but quickly turns back to me.

"mauve, please don't say yes."

"draco-"

"no, let me finish please." he cuts me off and i obey. well i am curious why he's here, and what he has to say. "mauve, theo told me. and fuck, you should have told me. holy shit you don't know how long i've wondered, thinking how you could like some slytherin tosser instead of me."

"well you are a slytherin tosser." i add in and he rolls his eyes.

he cups my cheeks and i gaze into his silver eyes. "i like you too, mauve. i really fucking do. and merlin, if i could turn back time and tell you, i would. but please, if you still like me, please don't say yes."

i smirk. "are you done there, lover boy?"

he looks at me confused, clearly not expecting that answer. he drops his hands from my cheeks. "well, y-yeah i guess so." he scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

aw, he looks so cute. i look at him smugly. "well if you let me speak earlier, i would have told you i already said no."

his eyes light up with hope. "really? wait so i embarrassed myself in front of our whole year for nothing?"

i roll my eyes, "well i could change my-"

"nope, too late." he whispers, stepping close to me. he places his hand on my back. "way too late."

suddenly i don't think he's talking about potter anymore.

"how did you know where to find me?" i ask and he scoffs. the same smell of mint in my room envelops me due to our close proximity.

"no way in hell would i let potter steal my girl?"

i raise an eyebrow. "your girl? that's a little cocky."

"shut up." he growls before finally leaning forward and connects his lips with mine.

i wrap my arms around his neck, weaving my fingers through his hair. fuck, this is better than i ever dreamed it would be. he bites my bottom lip slightly and a whine escapes me. we separate for air but he leans to my ear to whisper a husky, "mine."

we're taken back to reality when i hear, "FUCK YEAH EVERYONE SAY THANK YOU THEO!"

i shake my head, hiding my face in draco's chest. he chuckles at my action, wrapping his arms around me and kissing the top of my head.