Afterlife

6:10

Bradley got to the hospital, Parked at the garage and ran into Brianna's room.

      ''Bri?" He stomped into the room. He searched for her everywhere, but he couldn't find her. As he sat on her bed trying to catch his breath, his eyes wandered to her pillow. "What is this" He looked at the neatly folded paper which was underneath her pillow. Happily, he opened the paper with the thoughts that Bri must have planned something special for the both of them. "You really didn't have to Bri" He maintained his smile.

           Bradley...
As a kid, I'd fantasise about meeting my Prince Charming at a ball, just like Cinderella did. And then he'd take my hands and take me to a waterfall where we'll watch the waters and also stare at the stars. But the day you walked into my room, I immediately realized that there was no other place I'd love to meet my Prince Charming other than the place I've grown to consider my home, Here. And the park? It became my favorite place too. I remember the first day you took me there. You urged me to scream out all my frustrations, and I did. Wow! I've never felt that good. Thank you.
Bradley, my treatment isn't working anymore. It hasn't been working for a while, but I only found out last week when I was dying. I overheard Miriam asking the doctor to try again but he kept repeating that it isn't working. When I became conscious, I had asked you to get me a popcorn, only because I wanted to speak to Miriam privately.

                  Flashback
         (After Bradley left)

     "What really happened Miriam"
     "I already told you hunny. You passed out''
     "Don't lie to me Miriam. I heard the doctor. He said it wasn't working. What wasn't working Miriam?"
     "Sweetheart?"
     "Do not lie to me Miriam. I have the right to know what is happening with my health''
      ''Hunny''
     ''Please Miriam''
She hesitated before saying, "It isn't working anymore''
    What isn't working''
     ''Your treatment'' Miriam cried. ''It hasn't been working for a while now, but I didn't want to tell you because I thought we could fix it.
      ''Is anyone aware of this? My parents? Bradley? Does Bradley know?" Her eyes were filled with tears.
    ''No hunny. No one knows''
    ''Do not let them know about this, please'' Brianna pleaded in tears.
    ''I won't hunny'' Miriam hugged Brianna as they both cried. ''We'll make everything right hunny I promise''

           Present day.

I didn't want to tell you about this because I didn't want you to worry, and most especially because I wanted to spend my last days normally with you. I'm so sorry for keeping it from you.
Right now I'm in the operating room trying out a new treatment. I don't know if it would work or not.
Bradley, my wish the other day when we saw a shooting star is for you to always be happy. So promise me that no matter what happens, you'll always be happy. I love you so much Bradley.

              With lots of love, Brianna.

     ''No, no'' The paper fell from his shaking hands. ''Brianna!?!?!" He ran to the operating room in tears.

As he ran to the room, lots of negative thoughts went through his mind, but he tried not to entertain any. Getting to the operating room, he flung the door open and stomped into the room. What he saw next made his heart race faster than it ever has. Miriam leaned on the wall crying her eyes out, while the other doctors sobbed quietly. Bradley didn't want to assume the worst, so he slowly averted his eyes to where Brianna laid. His world came crashing before his eyes when he saw Brianna lying lifelessly on the bed. ''Bri...?" He stuttered. ''Bradley" Miriam ran to him, trying to comfort him.

Bradley went to where she laid and screamed, "No!!" After that, his body became numb. He couldn't move or cry. "Bradley? Bradley? Say something Brad please" Miriam pleaded with him in tears as she shook him.

A day to Brianna's funeral, Miriam received a letter.

        Dear Miriam,
I know you're probably gonna freak out after reading this, but I know you'll definitely understand. As you already know, I cannot live without the love of my life Brianna. Which is why I decided to end my life. But don't freak out. I didn't overdose myself or poison myself, nope. I actually did a good deed. Since I wasn't able to save Brianna, I decided to save a stage 1 lung cancer patient. Her name's Ava, and she's fourteen year old. Same age as Brianna when they first found it. I mean it's better than dying with my two perfectly working lungs. Oh God, Brianna is so going to kill me for this. So yeah, I decided to do a bilateral lung transplant. And from what the doctor said, I think the girl would be fine. Yes! I did a good deed before dying. Brianna is going to be so proud of me. Hey Miriam do not scold me if you're planning to. I mean Brianna made a wish in the shooting star. She wished that I'd always be happy. And seeing that my happiness lies with her, I had to go be with her so her wish will continue coming true. Bianca and Zayn are also here. They miss you so much. Zayn still haven't replaced you. You're still his first lady. And Brianna, she love and misses you a lot. And she'd love for you to stop crying because she hates seeing you sad. I already asked my mom to hold my funeral same day with Brianna's. That was my last wish, and she agreed. We love y'all so much, but y'all need to stop crying now because we're in a better place now. A place where we can't feel hurt or pain. A place where there isn't any sickness or chemo lol. We're finally together in the After life.

With tears in Miriam's eyes, she stared up and let out a smile.

******
Thank you all for reading.
One love. ❤
#All lives matter.✊♥️✊