11. Split Up (Pt 2)

Chapter 11: Split Up (Pt 2)

3rd Person Pov.

Fuutarou broke away from the hug and looked at the quints one last time. The quints were starting to tear up and slowly, some tears escaped their eyes. Fuutarou even shed a small tear too. He said one last goodbye and opened the door. Fuutarou took a deep breath and walked out the door. He walked down the hallway for what he thought would be his last time in that apartment complex. He finally reached the elevator and looked at the button. After some thinking he pressed the button and the elevator came up to his floor. The doors opened and he took a step inside. The doors shut and he stood there, looking at the buttons to go to each floor.

"What if I don't leave..." Fuutarou muttered to himself.

He stopped thinking about that and pressed the button to go to the lobby. The elevator then started to move downward as Fuutarou began his descent to the lobby. After a few seconds of waiting, the elevator finally stopped at the ground floor. The doors slowly open to reveal a nice and sophisticated style lobby with some plants scattered around the whole area. There were even some red couches in the two corners. Sitting on one couch was none other than Maruo himself. Maruo noticed Fuutarou and didn't look his way. Fuutarou quickly went pass him and was at the door when he heard,

"Why are you dating my daughters Uesugi?" Maruo asked, this time not as dark as before.

"Well I... I love them and they love me for who I am." Fuutarou said.

"Well said." Maruo replied.

The two were silent for a little bit until Fuutarou went to the glass door and opened it. The glass slid open and Fuutarou made his way outside. As he stepped out, he turned around one last time to look at the apartment. He remembered the memories they had there and all the fun. He quickly left before any more trouble would happen and he started walking towards his home.
-
-
-
-
-
Fuutarou had finally made it back to his run down apartment. He spent most of his day just strolling around and looking all sad. He only decided to finally come back home once the sun started to set. His bag was pretty heavy so he struggled for the second half of trying to make it to his home. He went to the door, opened it up and went inside. As he stepped in, the lights were on with some tv noise going on in the background. He could also see Raiha at the kitchen working on he dinner for the night.

"I'm back." Fuutarou said out loud.

"Big bro!" Raiha said excitedly while running over to hug her brother, "How was it living with the quints?"

"It was great, but something happened." Fuutarou said.

"Let me guess, something that has to do with your bag being here?" Isanari asked.

Fuutarou's dad had now just entered the scene.

"Yup. The quints step-father just came in and kicked me out." Fuutarou said.

"Ouch. Tell me more about it over dinner." Isanari told his son, "Come on let eat."

"Ok then." Fuutarou sighed.

Fuutarou dropped his bag off at his room and then went over to the table. He sat down and got some servings of the curry they were having tonight. They all said a quick prayer then started eating.

"So son, tell me about how he kicked you out." Isanari said.

"Yeah, I wanna hear!" Raiha added.

Fuutarou told his dad about how he woke up and went downstairs and then was kicked out. He told him every detail, even the part where he talked to Maruo at the glass door. His dad sat there thinking.

"One thing for sure, this isn't like him. I've known him for a while and I only saw him do something like that once." Isanari said.

"Really? Wow I must've messed up bad." Fuutarou said and hanged his head low.

"No you didn't do anything wrong. I think this was just a overreaction from Maruo. You know he really cares for his daughters." Isanari said.

Fuutarou ate some of his food while doing some thinking.

"Hey dad? You think there's any way to convince him to let me see them again?" Fuutarou asked.

"Well from what I know, he cares a lot for his daughters. He may not show it but, he really cares for them. Hence the overreaction and him coming to the apartment unexpectedly." Isanari paused, "I think if you could somehow convince him that that's what makes the quints happy, he'll be fine with it. He just wanted them to be happy and he wants to care for them. He just shows it differently."

"Ok then, but how do I talk to him? I don't know where he lives and I don't think he would even talk to me." Fuutarou said.

"Maybe I come with you. He'll talk to me for sure, even if it's just something simple like hello." Isanari said.

"Hopefully he does..." Fuutarou looked away.

"Hey its only going to be a few days without seeing them. You'll be fine." Isanari told his son.

"I guess." Fuutarou replied.

Fuutarou finished up his dinner then excused himself from the table. He stood up and left the table while saying goodnight to his dad and sister. He then made his way over to his futon on the floor. He changed into his pjs and layed down in his bed. Fuutarou looked up at the ceiling and stared at the darkness. While looking up he thought all about how he may never see the quints again. He was also trying to think about a way to convince Maruo. All this thinking made his brain tired and he started to get sleepy. His eyes started to slowly close and he was now in a slumber.
Ge slept quietly while not knowing about what was about to come in the future.

————————————————————————
First of all, sorry for the late update. I know i said i was going to update it quickly in time for halloween but, im on fall break rn and ive been enjoying my vacation. Also I've been watching Oregairu and thats also taking up a lot of my time. The halloween chapter will come out just maybe a little later then when halloween actually is. Also a bit less words this tume because I wanted to get this chapter out quickly. Again, sorry for the late chapter and I hope to see you in the next chapter!

-PickleNugg