Doubt

A/N: Hey! I wanted to thank you all, the story reached about 700 reads and honestly I didn't expect it. Anyway! Thank you so much and let's just pretend y/n didn't drink champagne at her party because I forgot for a second pregnant woman are not meant to drink (yeah I know I am dumb at times haha).

The stranger pulled his stool a little closer to you. You knew you probably should be backing away, the man's appearance alone should make him intimidating enough for anyone with a drop of common sense to do so. Still, today had drained any will and mental power you had away, resulting in you just asking him a question.

He chuckled lowly, you didn't quite get what was so amusing to him so you brought the cup to your lips once again.
" I'm just curious... You don't seem from around here, you dress too nicely, I'm assuming you are from uptown. It's dangerous for a girl like you here."
He smirked, clearly it wasn't concern that drove him to speak to you despite his statement.

"I'm not a girl, I am an adult woman who can handle a few dangers in the dark, thank you." You rolled your eyes. 'Jackass'

"You look familiar" You breathed in long, trying to contain your urge to tell him to shut up and leave you alone.

"I guess I have one of those faces." You hissed.

"I know..." he laughed a little which only pissed you off more. You squinted your eyes at him, hoping he would get the message and walk away. As he sat still you opened your mouth to tell him off but he continued before you got the chance.

"Aren't you the hero getting married on tv?"

Your eyes became wide as plates, your lip quivered under his relaxed stare, he looked almost as if he was enjoying himself.

"Not anymore." Your voice did not crack but lowered as you passed saliva.
Your eyes fell back to your cup, rapidly batting your lashes to prevent any tears falling, especially when this nosy stranger appeared to find the situation entertaining

"My... why so sad? You'd be a wonderful villain you know?"

You snorted at his blunt words, throwing your head back as tears of laughter instead of sadness rolled down your face. As much as you didn't like him he gave you a good laugh in a pretty shitty day. It was obvious he was not a villain. Sure, he was scary looking and found a weird satisfaction in bothering you but no villain would be stupid enough to reveal himself to a hero who clearly did not know of him yet.

"A villain with an Angel quirk... the irony," you tried to calm down your breathing after just cracking up. You looked at him expecting to see him laughing with you. He was not. His eyes remained focus on yours, serious as he brought his face close to your ear. You were unable to move, unsure of his intentions. His warm breath pricked your skin, sending a shiver down your spine.

"Oh dear, Luficer was gods most beautiful Angel once upon a time..."

He backed down to his seat again leaving you dumbfounded for a second.  You struggled to understand what had just happened, your mind debating wether this man could possibly mean what he said.

"Y-you don't mean it d-do you...?" He arched his eyebrow noticing your snarky tone was suddenly gone. "I would never be one of them. Why would you? They hurt people, they want to destroy our society, they break the law and-"

"You see why I call you a girl? Your view of our world is so black and white, believing everything you are told like a damn child." You found yourself quiet again, feeling a little attacked by his words.

"I am giving you a chance to be a real hero. To help bring justice to this broken world by rebuilding it and dismantle this lie called the hero system."  You felt small under his stern eyes, he had leaned on the bar table to get a better look at your reaction.

"That's not true. It can be a harsh reality for some, quirkless like my father may be looked down upon and there might be quirk discrimination but we can solve it! We don't have to destroy everything to change this." He huffed and nodded his head.

"You really think that's all? it goes beyond a little bullying and nasty looks." He noticed you confused expression. "Hero schools have kids trained like soldiers. Do you know about quirk marriages? The creation and manipulation of children like weapons since the moment they are conceived? How the system covers up the crimes of those high up in power?" You instinctively covered your stomach as if to protect it. You had faintly heard of it but you thought that no longer occurred, but the passion as the man in front of you told you it did and he knew of it well. 'What if... no. He can't be right.'

"Thanks for the offer but I'm happy with the life I live." You motioned for the bar man at the other side of the long table to give you the check.

"Strange definition of happiness... cheating fiancé, insensible reporters and public humiliation even as number four hero." He turned your chair without much effort so you faced him.

"So you did now who I was all along," the bar man handed you the check and you paid for it with a little cash you carried just in case, thanking him for the service and leaving tip. "How do you know I won't report you and send you to prison?"

When you turned back to where the stranger sat, he was nowhere to be found. Smiling at the barista one more time you left the local. You walked around, trying to follow the way you took to the bar back into the nicer parts of the city. Many shadows circled around your feet's making small hiss noises. The fur brushed against you ankles as you followed the flicking street light back uptown.

It was hard to reevaluate a system which you were a part of after a single conversation with a stranger. Yet something in the way he spoke made everything sound so sincere your mind couldn't help but replay his words a few times. You rubbed your temples trying to shake away the heavy thoughts as you started to recognize the neighborhoods once again.

Your feet had subconsciously taken you very close to your own home, well, his house. You turned left to a nearby park, it was almost 7 am and the sun was rising. You powered on your phone, encountering over 100 notifications. Most of them missed calls or texts from Ren, many others from Rumi, Mizumi, a few other friends and your mother. You opened your brother's messages, he had been repeatedly asking for your location.

"I'm so stupid, he should be worrying about Mizumi who is going to give birth at any given moment but instead he has to take care of me." You plop down on the humid grass, staining your clothes. You had selfishly disappeared for a few hours, knowing how protective Ren was of you, you still fled without telling him where to. You share with him your location noticing he last texted you only a few minutes ago.

20 minutes later you feel a warm hand cup your face. "Hey dumbass, you fell asleep in the middle of the park." You quickly sit back up, not sure when exactly you surrendered to your tiredness. Ren stood before you, blocking the morning sunlight with his figure, grabbing your waist and helping you stand up. Dark circles were placed around his (e/c) eyes and his tear stained cheeks were red. You whimpered placing your head on his chest.
"I'm sorry, Ren."

He pulled out some leaves and twigs tangled in your hair.
"You have nothing to be sorry about. I will always take care of you, no matter how old we are or how strong you become, you will always be little (n/n) to me."
He drove you back to his house and gave you the spare bedroom while he went back to his. Mizumi hugged you as tightly as she could with such a large belly, giving you an extra set of blankets before she joined your brother in their room to sleep.