Hero

A/N: First of all... THIS STORY HAS REACHED 3k reads like HOW?! Thank you so much for sticking around!!! And about the lateness, my country has been a mess lately so I was too hooked on that to update (protests turned police va people, 3 presidents in a month, etc) so I'm yeah. Anyway! Hope you like it here.

"Y/N WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!" I moved my phone away from my ear, as if my headaches weren't bad enough Ren's voice boomed out of the device, worsening the pain.

"I'm buying more supplements, I've ran out of folic acid and Naoki said I had to keep taking it." I popped my head from the line, watching it advance at a painfully slow rate. I sighed, if it were for me I wouldn't have even gotten out of bed today but I had to take care of the pills to make sure my little bean is alright.

"WELL HURRY THE FUCK UP, MIZUMI IS ABOUT TO POOP OFF YOUR NIECE." My eyes widened in shock. I couldn't help but laugh a little at his tone, the oh so composed Ren was loosing it over his wife giving birth. Mizumi is sarcastic and all but she is a very sweet-

"REN KOSUKE L/N GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE THIS IS YOUR FUCKING FAULT!" Mizumi's distant shout seem to have shaken up Ren, his breathing fast and hitched through the phone. God I wish I could see his face right then.

"Ok, ok. I'm going! I can't fly tho, I'm too tired and flying makes me sick now." I hung up, throwing the bottle of pills back in place and storming out of the store.
I jogged down a block, the hospital was only a few more down and the traffic was dense, on feet I'd get faster. I stopped for a breath in a clear sidewalk.

When did I lose stamina?

You have been shoving food down your throat and no physical activity for weeks now, dumbass

My feet were burning, the heat was becoming unbearable and the hoodie covering most of my shape made my skin itch from the high heat. I closed my eyes for a second to rest, white noise resonating through my head. I tried to take a step, but my feet suddenly felt heavy, as if my body didn't want me to continue jogging.

I openned my eyes, only to be met by the sight of a collapsed figure by a large dumpster. Confusion surged in my mind as I examined him. The teen boy had almost his whole chest exposed barely covered by a tiny green and black vest, revealing a series of cuts trailing down his body. He had a yellow headpiece covering the sides of his face and a clear buble surrounding his head. I hurried over to him, my eyes widening as his breathing shallowed. People kept walking by, not even sparing the defenseless kid a glance. I couldn't panic, as a hero that is the one thing you can't do, but I could barely see his chest rise, almost like he was suffocating.

"The bubble..." I poked it, hoping it would burst like a soap one would, it didnt. I forced myself to produce a halo this time, the light disc emmerging out of my skull making my head throb worse. It fell onto my hand, my skin and Ren's were adapted for this so I took no care in shielding it. I neared the disc toward his face, careful not to accidentaly touch him with it. The light let me have a better look at his features. His messy dark hair covered part of his face, still I easily realized he couldnt be older than 16. How did a kid end up like this alone? The bubble burst open with a loud pop sound, a wave of relief taking over me. My wings spread almost instantly, too worried to think about the pain it spread down my spine.

I hurriedly tried to pull him up, I had to carry him to the hospital, drop him off before going to Mizumi. I could still make it. I snaked my hand under his back, pulling him up with all my strength only for him not to move an inch. Why on earth is he so heavy? Maybe I'm getting weaker...

"Hey sir, help me!" I called for a man walking near, his eyes falling on the boy before returning to me.

"Leave him there, kid. The pro's will help him, its not our job." With that he turned around, walking away leaving me helpless as I kept on pulling the boy to no avail.

My heart was beating on my ears, pushing against my eardrum and overwhelming my senses. I kept pulling, asking for help to bystanders only to be met by the same exact answer I'd been given before. How could they ignore someone who needed help? There aren't even heroes close by for crying out loud. Would they just let this kid there?

What is wrong with these people?

I panted, gathering all my strength to pull one more time, I anchored my wings to the ground and used them to push me up after grabbing a hold of him. I swear I heard a snapping sound, but I couldn't focus on that at the moment. A trail of white feathers floated down as I flapped my wings to propell me to the sky.

I usually dont activate wings when Im weak, they take to much energy and are frailer if my physical strength is low. Now my arm muscles ached and my wings felt like about to crack, but I continued flying.

Mizumi's POV

"Where the fuck is your sister!" I barked at my 6'4 giant husband who looked like a scared puppy sat on the armchair. I would be admiring the cuteness if he wasn't the one responsible for this.

"She is coming, love. Calm down, you are dilating still, doctor said it doesn't hurt that bad."

Oh he fucked up now. I looked at him, my eyes holding a viscious murderer glow.

"Honey, as far as I know, neither you or the doctor have gone through labour, you guys only do the fucking, hm? So shut. up. before I murder you." Ren's eyes went wide, clutching his knees tighter to his chest and taking the phone one more time.

'I promised dad I'd never marry someone like mom but I think Mizumi is scarier.'

"Are you... Are you comparing me to your monste- I mean mother?" The corners of my lips twitched into a sadistic smile despite the newfound abdominal pain.

'Damn mind reading'

"I can still hear you." I hissed.

"I-I'm going to head out f-for some um... dango! Yes, there is a shop outside the hospital." He stood up, bumping several nurses and hitting his arm against the door before sprinting out.

Normal POV

Ren hurried out of the place, fearing his wife's wrath he stumbled around until he reached the hospital's gate. He sat on the wooden bench, catching his breath and scrolling down his contact list, looking for your number.

"C'mon, pick up..." his leg bounced against the floor, when the voicemail clicked in he hung up in annoyance.

He opened messenger, his fingers tapping aggressively against the screen. A loud thud interrupted his writing, his eyes darted up, meeting with your pair of identical ones. He looked at you, your face twisted with exhaustion and sweat trickling down your temples.

He followed your eyes towards the boy you held, rushing towards both of you and taking the teen into his own.

"What the hell happened Y/N?" The older male fast walked into the building, you dragged yourself behind him, feeling your wings melt back into your skin. A group of hospital staff circled them, quickly taking the wounded teen into a room.

You placed your head against a wall, dizziness making you even more drowsy.
"Nee-san, we have to return to Mizumi, you can sit back there and tell me what happened." He looped his arm beneath your armpit, taking up most of your weight upon himself.