Planning Ahead

There are times in life you force yourself to do something you knew you had to do for a while. As a little kid it was going to visit your agonizing father at the hospital,  in Shiketsu it was those endless piles of theorical work you found no point in or even ripping off a bandaid yesterday after you cut yourself in a pathetic attempt at cooking.

You had just ripped the biggest bandaid in your whole life and waited for the response of whom you used to call your fiancé. The blonde stood frozen, the color had completely drained from his tan face in a way that scared you.

"How...?" He muttered out, still unmoving while you let a nervous giggle out.

"Well you see, when a peni-"  you made the strange visuals with your hands they showed kids in sex ed, trying your best to lighten the male up.

You stopped, noticing how he hadn't butted in or made obscene noises like he usually would and shifted your gaze back to him.

Emotion brewed deep within the man. He couldn't distinguish what it was. Fear? Yes most definitely fear. The winged man had not much of a guide on parenting at all. No present parent figures, no actual model of what a healthy father-child relationship looked like.

All the young hero had to use was his childhood experiences as an insight of how it was to be a kid, that should suffice. After all his life wasn't nearly bad, he had a good career, friends and you.

Still, despite the nauseating fear he found himself strangely... happy. He was having a child, he would raise a miniature mixture of both of you, a tie that would keep you both in each others life forever.

His messy locks casted a shadow on his eyes as he stared at the floor. You stepped towards him, your hand taking his stubbled chin on your hand, pulling his face back up. His eyes glistened as salty tears filled his honey eyes to the brim.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier I just..." You gulped, now noticing the knot that had formed on your throat.

You were cut off by a warm nestle off feathers around you, wincing as the soft feathers brushed against you own bruised wings.

"This is the best thing that could've happened!" He said between a chuckles and soft sobs. He let go of you, loosening his grip.

Keigo's mind was a pool of questions randomly popping up as he processed the implications of the new discovery.

It took you some time to explain how far along you were and other medical considerations. As soon as you started explaining, a few red flashes swooned across the air, returning with a notebook and pen.

"What are you doing, bird man?" You looked over his shoulder, following his hand as he flicked the pen, writing down everything you'd just said.

"I need to know what you take so I can cover it for you, right?" You wanted to say it was unnecessary, but knew this would probably make him feel less guilty about it.

Besides that, ever since you started dating you realized he had a lot of trouble sleeping as it was and adding more guilt would not help.

"So I was thinking we could look at which primary and middle school they could attend," The Endeavor merch pen he was using fell into the wooden tiled floor.

"Th-They?!" He asked, honestly intimidated by the idea of more than one child. He was already picturing it, many little winged kids flying off around the house.

"I don't know the baby's gender yet, dumbass! Not like I'm having more than one... I think." You playfully hit the back of his head.
"So as I was saying, after that we could encourage them to apply to Shike-"