Basic Hana Whores

Vanessa's POV
I trudged into Spanish class in a very bad mood.

"Okay, everybody! Silencio. Let's take role," our Mexican teacher said, clapping her hands to get our attention. She wore a long, blue skirt with a yellow shirt. She pulled the clipboard off her desk and began to check role.  None of the names I recognized, except one. The dreaded one.  "Hana Dakota Hayes?"

"Present!" She sang very annoyingly. She flipped her stupid hair and fixed her top. I rolled my eyes in disgust. She was soooo annoying!!

"Vanessa Carter Cohan?" the teacher called out, her eyes scanning the class for me. I raised my hand briefly.

"Hola," I smiled and saw Hana spin around to glare at me. "What are you looking at, Hana Whores?" I spat out, while small laughs erupted out in the class. If looks could kill, Id be deep under a headstone.

"Obviously nothing!" She tried to stare me down.

"I know what I'm looking at," I told her, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Oh yeah? What?"

"Just a salty, ratchet, ass thot," I spat, trying to sound intimidating while the class oooohed.

"Ten cuidado con lo que dices," warned the teacher in Spanish. It meant: (watch what you say.) Hana furrowed her brows in confusion at the foreign Spanish words.

"Lo siento señora Tenemos un pasado malo porque ella besó a mi novio. No volverá a suceder," I told the teacher in Spanish. It meant: (I'm sorry ma'am. We have a bad past because she kissed my boyfriend. It wont happen again. )

"What are you saying?" Hana demnanded angrily.

"Cuándo aprendiste Español?" she asked. It meant: (When did you learn Spanish?)

"All I caught was Spanish," someone commented, causing hushed laughs. 

"Mi amiga Princeton me enseñó cuando tenía siete años." I explained. (My friend, Princeton, taught me when I was seven. )

"Princeton is that guy she's sleeping with," Hana told everybody, which made my blood run furious.

"That's not true!" I protested, shooting angry glares at the back of Hana's head.

"Because there's a picture of you and him in bed, cuddling," Hana smiled at me evilly. I stood up from my seat.

"Okay, let me set something straight. Just because you laying in a bed with someone, fully clothed, does not mean you are screwing them. For all you know, that could be my brother or cousin. And besides, it's none of your business." I was angry now at all these people butting into my life.

A boy with messy blond hair shot his hand in the hair. "What?" I asked him.

"Does that mean your dating?"

"No I'm not dating. Why would you care, anyway. Like I said, it's none of your business," I repeated, sitting down.  

"Okay, that's enough." The Spanish teacher waved her arms at the class. "Tomorrow, we are going to have a discuss our rules in Spanish class and not have an entire debate and discussion about the private life of a student. Goodbye, now. Class is dismissed."

The bell rang and we all shuffled out. My next class was Math. Hopefully, Hana wasn't in it. When I walked into the class, I saw Hana setting her stuff in a seat in the front row. She gave me a poisonous smile and rolled her eyes. The young teacher walked in. She seemed a little mean.

When everyone was seated for class, the young, arrogant teacher took role until she came to my name.

"Vanessa Carter Cohan?" She called out, flicking her eyes down the rows.