12. More than a friend

Mallow's Pov

"Hey guys I'm gonna go get us vanilla ice cream!" "Ok!" 

"Hey Kiawe?" Kiawe walked over to me, "Yes?" I pointed over to the forest, "I'm gonna go pick berries, do you want to come?" He nodded so we got out of the water, changed, and got some bags. 

We went deeper and deeper into the forest to find all of the berries that I needed, but once we did, it was the perfect spot to look at the sunset. The trees were next to a cliff that had the perfect view of Hau'oli. "So Mallow, why do you need all of these berries?" Kiawe asked, "I'm planning on making a new dish for the family restaurant! Once it is ready you should come and try it!" I answered while picking more berries. He nodded and continued to pick the berries. 

Kiawe and I have known each other since we were young, since I helped a lot in the restaurant and he helped a lot on the farm. Our family usually need moo moo milk so Kiawe's family would give it to us. Kiawe would usually be the one to deliver the milk to us and I would be the one to wake up early and open the door for him. We've been friends since the first couple of times that we met. He helped me get the ingredients that I needed, and I would sometimes go with him on Charizard back to the farm. He would also usually be the first person to try my new dishes. It wasn't very long when we made more close friends, like Lana! The three of us were really good friends! Even now, Kiawe still delivers us our moo moo milk and I am still the one to open the door so he can carry the moo moo milk inside. 

Tsareena was also helping us pick berries. Once we got all of the berries that we needed we sat down on the ground and looked at the sunset, "Isn't it beautiful Kiawe?" he nodded "It is, just like you." I looked at my hands "Why do you say that?" Kiawe looked at me, "Let's just say, I like you Mallow, more than a friend."  "I like you too Kiawe, more than a friend," 

We sat there in peace for like ten minutes, "We should probably get back" I said while getting up, Kiawe nodded. We both walked back hand in hand.