ch 21 : nap time

The next couple weeks made you feel like a bunch of little children were all yanking on you at once. It was chaotic and overwhelming to say the least, but you were never bored.

You spent a lot of time trying to help Harry after he explained that he didn't want this. You had talked with him about it all, and you trusted him completely. Because of your trust in him, he shared more with you than he did anyone else, and this made it so you could help him.

When he told you of Ron being whiny about him getting selected, you tried to talk with Ron about it, but that didn't go over well. Ron just rolled his eyes at you and grunted, "Well, of course you trust him. You trusted Malfoy, and we all saw where that ended up."

That comment hurt, and you were still a little icy with Ron since, but at least you tried to stop Ron from being so dense.

Later, Harry came to you after he had a conversation with Uncle Sirius in his fireplace. He told you what they were talking about and added, "Oh, yeah. Sirius told me to say hi to you, and that he's sorry he hasn't been able to write you lately."

You were so excited that your godfather Sirius had mentioned you in his conversation with Harry. You were happy to have met him last year when the group of you uncovered bits of the truth about your parents through him and Professor Lupin. You missed Sirius and hoped you would see him again soon. Sometimes you wondered what he would have thought of Draco and your relationship with him. Would he have told you it was foolish to cling to the goodness inside someone so cruel? Or would he have reminded you that some thought he was a monster for a time as well?

You figured it was probably the former.

Today, you sat with your potions textbook on your left and with a book about dragons on your right. You were trying to simultaneously study for class and find all the information you could on dragons after Harry told you that dragons were his first task. Shifting your attention, you tried to read about the upcoming potion you'd be learning for class when you felt your eyes drifting shut, the reduced amount of sleep from the past few weeks starting to get to you.

"Boo," Someone whispered, directly in your ear. Your eyes snapped open as you turned around with wide eyes. You shook your head and laughed when you saw it was Fred. George wasn't with him.

You rested your head against your hand with sleepy eyes and wondered, "What are you doing wandering around without your other half?"

"He's taking a nap because he didn't sleep much last night after making more plans for pranks," Fred admitted with a shrug.

You nodded, eyes blinking heavily as your mind drifted to how nice a nap would be right about now. Fred plopped into the seat next to you and questioned, "Why are you reading a book on dragons?"

In a passing glance, your eyes drifted over to the book as you explained, "It's the first task for Harry. I'm trying to help him as much as I can."

Fred nodded before proposing, "You look exhausted. You should get some sleep."

"Hufflepuff hasn't been a very quiet place lately with Cedric already being considered a hero," You murmured. You slowly put your cheek on the desk and stared at Fred with a sleepy smile.

He chuckled and ruffled your hair, suggesting, "Why don't you come back to the Gryffindor dorms with me then? You can take a nap there before dinner."

You blinked at him before bluntly noting, "I don't know if I should trust you."

Fred sat back in his seat and whistled, "Ouch, Potter. You have wounded me. Why would you say that?"

You carefully looked around before you leaned in and whispered, "Because Hermione and I know what that cologne you sent me was."

Not denying it, Fred raised his eyebrows and taunted, "Then what was it, Potter?"

Slightly blushing, you grumbled, "It was an Amortentia perfume, Fred. Why would you send that to me? Were you trying to embarrass me?"

Fred stood and winked at you before remarking, "Just keeping you honest, Potter." He left the library and called over his shoulder, "If you need a nap, my bed's still open."

You shook your head at his back and chuckled, turning your attention back to your books on the desk with heavy eyelids. Back to work, you sadly thought as your eyes scanned a page from the dragons book, not sure if any of this was even helping.

 Back to work, you sadly thought as your eyes scanned a page from the dragons book, not sure if any of this was even helping