ch 52 : wildfire whiz-bangs

You woke up the next morning to Fred and George jumping on George's bed that you were sleeping in. You had stayed in the second bedroom above Weasley's Wizard Wheezes while the two of them had bunked in Fred's room together since the two of them couldn't stop talking about opening day, even after your eyes had begun to drift shut the night before. You slept incredibly peacefully that night, feeling right at home in George's space in their apartment.

The next morning, you rubbed your sleepy eyes and smiled at them. Once you had gained enough alertness to process the situation, you murmured, "What time is it?"

Fred poked your cheek and sang, "6am. Time to rise and shine!"

George cheered, "We have to get ready to open! Only a few more hours until it's time."

You rolled over and propped your head on your hand to get a better look at the boys through your droopy eyes. You teased, "I've never seen the two of you so alert at this time of the morning before."

"Because it's a big day," George chuckled as he absentmindedly began to stroke the white scar on your forehead.

Your eyes fluttered softly at his soothing gesture. When Fred started to notice and smirk at his twin, you reached up and captured George's hand in yours, intertwining your fingers. The light was softly falling in through the cracks of George's curtains, and it created a soothing atmosphere in the room, which contrasted the cooccurring anxiety and excitement that were making the twins jittery and alert that morning. Deciding that it was best to appease the antsy twins, you sat up and questioned, "What's on the agenda for this morning, boys?"

Fred grinned, "I'm glad you asked, Potter. We need to finish putting out the love potions and the pygmy puffs. George and I will put out the pygmy puffs since there are many of them-"

"-and we'll have you put out the remaining love potions," George explained as he gently to fiddle with your locket that you had dislodged from underneath your shirt before you went to bed.

You nodded as you grinned at the two boys.

As he rose to his feet and swiveled, taking in George's dark largely dark bedroom, Fred continued, "Then, we'll all get dressed and ready for the day. Your last assignment is-"

"-to spend the remaining time with me," George smugly smiled as he jabbed his thumbs towards himself.

You chuckled but happily nodded in agreement. You chirped, "That all sounds great to me. I'll get started on the love potions. Where are they?"

"In the storage closet downstairs, of course," Fred retorted as he stuck his hands in his pockets.

After nodding at Fred, you whipped back the covers and slipped out of the bed. You stretched your arms above your head and yawned. Fred shook his head at these actions and scolded, "No. No yawning allowed. Only excitement and big energy. Show me your biggest smile, Potter."

You glanced to George to see if Fred was being serious, but Fred snapped his hand in your face and demanded, "I said for you to be excited, Potter, not to make eyes at George...unless you're trying to push the love potion, I guess."

You laughed and showed Fred an exaggerated smile with all of your teeth on display. Fred pointed at you and cheered, "Yes, Potter! Just like that!" He bounded out of the room and yelled from the hallway, "And let's get to work!"

George laughed as soon as Fred left the room. He chuckled, "I'm sorry. I think he's just really excited."

You waved him off as you pulled a sweater from your bag and tugged it on over your t-shirt. You wondered, "Aren't you excited too?"