ch 37 : you aren't foolish

That night, you sat on the floor of Fred and George's bedroom at 12 Grimmauld Place with all of your friends. You had pulled out your muggle candy game and convinced Fred to eat one of the gross ones, presenting it as a normal muggle candy.

As he ate the barf flavored candy, his mouth turned down in disgust. He threatened, "Merlin, I'm going to get you back for that one, Potter. Now, what did you just feed me?"

You dove behind George for protection when Fred's eyes narrowed on you. From behind George, you piped up, "It's a funny muggle candy game! Some are normal and taste good, but others taste terrible like that one. It's hard to tell, but George got the good version of that one earlier."

Nodding slowly, Fred trailed, "So this was George's idea. I understand now."

George's head jutted upward with this comment. When you nodded and erupted into giggles, George reached back to tickle your sides. You squealed and crawled away from him. You ended up pulling yourself to your feet and sprinting out of the room when George began chasing after you. Fred was unphased when you came back in a few minutes later, hanging over George's shoulder with a box of the muggle candy in your hands.

Now, here they were, all seated around in a circle on the floor of Fred and George's room. George had pulled you into his lap after they convinced the others to join them. Fred had smirked at them for this while Harry and Ron both gagged. Hermione and Ginny just chuckled as they took seats in between you and Harry.

At one point, Ron and Harry each grabbed a yellow one. Harry chewed it cautiously before murmuring, "Mm, tastes like popcorn."

Ron looked as if he would throw up as his eyes bugged and a deep frown covered his face. He groaned, "Blimey, it tastes like rotten eggs."

You put a hand over your mouth to hold back your giggles, but Fred and George didn't attempt to hide their laughter as they watched their little brother practically turn green. Hermione ended up eating one that was supposed to taste like baby wipes while Ginny ate one that tasted like coconut. Hermione looked disturbed by the taste, but she kept her composure well.

Then, it came back to you and George. You each grabbed the green ones, looking at one another suspiciously before simultaneously popping them into your mouths. You eyed one another as you chewed until you suddenly tasted it.

Your hand flew to cover your mouth as you gagged. You whined, "Oh, I got the booger one."

George smirked, "Well, mine tastes fruity and delicious."

You groaned after the foul taste, but soon after, George snuggled his face into your neck, and you happily relaxed against him. The night lasted long after the candy had been consumed as the group sat around, cracking jokes about school and professors – especially Snape – and just enjoying their time together. No one mentioned Harry's upcoming trial, and they were all grateful for the chance to forget about their troubles for a little while.

-

The next morning, you woke up with your head on George's chest, the two of you slumped against the wall as you slept. You must have fallen asleep without realizing it at some point in the night. Fred was sleeping in one of the beds in the room, and Ron was loudly snoring in a heap a couple feet away from you. The others were nowhere to be found, and you figured that they must have gone back to their own beds.

You carefully pulled yourself from George's arms and stood up. You draped a blanket over him before you shuffled out of the room, rubbing at your tired eyes. You stumbled on the last step of the stairs as you nearly crashed into Professor Snape who had been hurrying past you and towards the exit. At your almost collision, his head snapped towards you, and his eyes widened in slight concern for a second, but he merely muttered, "Miss Potter," as he dashed to the exit.