ch 34 : 12 grimmauld place

You made it to London, stepping up to a set of homes stacked close to one another. You wondered which one was your destination before Professor Moody began to hit the ground rhythmically. The building began to move, another place revealing itself among them. You smiled giddily at the sight while Harry just stared at it open-mouthed and wide eyed.

You and Harry entered 12 Grimmauld Place, walking slowly as you took your surroundings in. That's when you and Harry noticed a group of people gathered in a room ahead of you. You hurried forward when your eyes caught on dark, shaggy hair. You were smiling so wide that it hurt, and you were waving wildly.

Sirius looked up at you and Harry and gave you both a pleased smile. An unfamiliar woman with long, black hair sitting beside him gave you a small wave and a smile. You tilted your head just slightly at the unfamiliar woman but waved wildly at her, nonetheless. You wondered if this was Thelma, the woman who had been assisting Sirius in reaching out to you and Harry this summer since he feared being discovered when sending the two of you letters.

Harry got a soft smile as his eyes connected with Sirius from his place behind you.

You grinned when you saw Arthur Weasley and Professor McGonagall among those in the room. You beamed even wider if that was possible when your eyes landed on Remus Lupin sitting beside Sirius at the table. Lupin glanced at you and gave you a small grin in return before looking back at Sirius with worried eyes.

Molly popped up in the doorway and smiled at you before cheering, "Hi, dearies."

Harry breathed, "Mrs. Weasley..."

Molly pulled the door to the room shut and pulled each of you in for a tight hug. She hugged Harry first who relaxed at her comforting hug, not realizing how tense he had been before that. Then Molly pulled you in for a hug, Molly feeling surprised when you squeezed the life out of her. You sighed, "Oh, Mrs. Weasley! It's so lovely to see you!"

Molly chirped, "Ah, we'll have to chat later, dearie. Now, up you go. Straight upstairs. First door on the left."

Harry nodded and moved up the stairs obliviously, but you noticed the way Molly's breath became ragged as you climbed the steps. Looking over your shoulder, you gave Molly a comforting smile before hurrying after your brother. Once you stepped into the room, you gasped.

Hermione and Ron were there.

You nearly tackled Hermione in a hug. Hermione startled at the sudden hug attack but gently squeezed you back. After Harry hugged Ron, you flung your arms around the red-haired boy and cheered, "Ronald! You're terrible at writing me. Awful, really. You're lucky I forgive easily."

Ron rolled his eyes and laughed while awkwardly patting you on the back. 

You pulled away as Harry began to ask them questions. The trio began talking rapidly, sharing the information they had while you slowly turned and took in the large room. It was an older home with antique items littering the room, and you were impressed by the dark beauty the room held, even if you preferred lighter tones yourself.

When the twins apparated into the room, you turned and threw yourself onto the bed beside George, feeling as if your heart would burst from all of the excitement of the evening. You snuggled into his side, and he kissed your forehead with a huge grin. You both beamed at each other for a moment while you held onto George as if he were your lifeline.

Fred turned to Harry with a mischievous smile and trailed, "Want to hear something a little more interesting?"

Your eyes twinkled as you stared up at George. While Fred and George talked to Harry, you were distracted. You ran your fingers through George's shortened hair with a goofy grin. Judging by his occasional stammering, you realized that George was a little distracted too. You snuggled into his chest even deeper throughout the conversation, wanting to be as close to George as you could to make up for the time you had lost that summer.

After the conversation, George turned to you and sighed, "I'm sorry I couldn't have been with you on your birthday."

With your heart exploding, you chirped, "I don't really care. It's close enough. It was what? Three days ago now? I'm just so happy to be with you now. I missed you so much."

Since Ron and Harry were still in the room, they both gagged at you and George while Fred chuckled. Fred teased the boys, "Oh, shut it. You're just disappointed because neither of you are as good looking as George and I." 

You giggled at Fred's comment as George smirked down at you. You beamed up at him, not believing that something so awful happening to Harry could lead to so much joy for you. Wiggling your body closer, you snuggled your face into George's neck as he and Fred continued telling Harry what they knew and how they planned to learn even more. None of this was as interesting to you as it was to hold onto your love and to be in his presence again.

 None of this was as interesting to you as it was to hold onto your love and to be in his presence again

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.