ch 41 : scarf

The remaining two weeks of summer rushed by in a blur of happiness, pranks that you always managed to avoid, and you and George snogging at any spare chance you got, which surprisingly wasn't that often. With so many people under one roof, it was rare for you to find time alone.

So, when you were on the train to Hogwarts that morning, and Fred and Lee had slipped off to offer their newest candy inventions to other students, you and George both grinned at each other. George winked at you and leaned in and whispered in your ear, "How much do you want to bet that they won't be able to get a single student to try it?"

You giggled when George's breath tickled your ear. You gripped the collar of his shirt and tugged his ear down to your mouth. You admitted, "I would bet a lot on that since they can't use first years."

With an amused twinkle in his eye, George grumbled, "You're barring us from using our normal test subjects. No one is going to try our candies now."

You began to scoot away from him as you giggled, "Good!"

You saw a mischievous glint in his eyes as you tried to slide as far away from him as you could on the bench, but George reached out his long arms, wrapping his slender fingers around your wrists and yanking you closer. You squealed as he began to tickle your sides. He teased, "You're hoping we go broke this year, huh?"

You gasped through your laughs, "You won't...because...of the money...from Harry...Stop it!"

You tried to swat his hands away, but he caught your small hands in his large ones as your uncontrollable cackles died down into the wispy remnants of a laugh. You beamed at one another as you caught your breaths. You licked your lips, and all laughter between the two of you stopped as George watched you do this. A silence hung in the air as you finally whispered, "Are you going to kiss me already?"

George pulled you up into his lap and immediately placed his lips on yours in a heated kiss, both of you feeling the effects of your limited time alone all summer. Your eyes both fluttered closed as you explored one another's mouths. Your fingers raked through his hair before you moved your hands over his shoulders and gripped his upper arms. George removed his lips from yours a moment later as he reattached them to a spot just under your jaw. You shivered as his lips trailed down your neck.

You loved the way his soft lips felt against your skin, letting out a sigh. He groaned against your skin. After a moment of him peppering his kisses across your throat, his lips captured yours again.

Just in that moment, the door to your compartment slid open abruptly. You jolted so hard at the noise that you completely fell off George's lap and landed on the floor with a thud. George immediately scrambled to pull you to your feet and questioned, "Are you hurt? Are you okay?"

You took George's hand to stand up, and you both finally looked to the door to find Fred and Lee standing there with dropped jaws and wide eyes. Lee just wordlessly pointed between the two of you and the spot where you had just been sitting while Fred simply winked at the both of you. Fred teased, "You may want to give Potter your scarf, Georgie."

George looked down at you and immediately grabbed his scarf from his bag. Your fingers trailed over your neck with reddened cheeks and wide eyes. You took the scarf from George, wrapping the handmade item around your neck carefully. You bit your lip as you looked up at George with red cheeks.

You and George both dropped into their seats as George attempted to change the subject, "Did you sell two sell anything?"

Lee grinned and showed his hands full of coins. He chirped, "Five galleons worth!"

You and George blinked in shock as you questioned, "Who did you sell them to?"

Fred and Lee looked at each other with mischievous smiles. Lee bragged, "We convinced Crabbe and Goyle to eat them. You should have seen their faces!"

You took a deep breath and nodded at them with a strained smile. You sighed, "Well, thanks for not using it on first years."

George held your hand and gave you a knowing smile. You didn't even have to say it, but George could already sense your anxiety about seeing those two again. You didn't know it, but Fred and George had already decided that they would make those two's lives miserable this year with endless pranks. The mischievous twins were comforted in knowing that they were surely not the only ones looking out for you. The overwhelming support you had received with their sunflower stunt had proved that much.

You had a small smile on your lips as you stared out the window of the train and held onto his hand. George looked at your peaceful face and knew that telling you all that he and his brother had planned for those two slimy Slytherin boys wouldn't make you happier.

So instead, George just turned to Fred and Lee as the three boys began discussing all the new candies they had invented over the summer and the new pranks they had conjured in their time away. Whenever you would giggle at one of their prank ideas or candy concepts, this would just spur the boys on, who would then expand the prank bigger and bigger, all of them loving the sweet laughter that fell from your lips.

It was hard not to love a girl like you. George felt like an expert on the matter since his heart exploded each time you laughed, gently squeezed his hand in yours, or even looked at him. George was completely in love with you, and he just hoped to Merlin that you knew it.

 George was completely in love with you, and he just hoped to Merlin that you knew it