THANK YOU + q&a

I'm emotional. I can't believe this story is over, and I also can't believe how much love I've received for this story since I posted the first chapter not even two months ago.

Thank you all so much for reading my story and falling in love with George right along with me. It's been an amazing journey.

I hope you've enjoyed delving into this world with me. I had so much fun writing this story, and it awakened a lot of my old passions for writing that I had been ignoring for the sake of schoolwork and ambition, so this story holds a special place in my heart. This is now officially my 9th novel finished, and I am so, so happy about that. I love this story I've written, and this OC character is one of my favorites I've created thus far.

Now, it's time for Q&A. If you have questions I don't address here, then just comment on this line, and I'll reply to it!

Why did you have the main character get with Draco at the start/give him so many chances?

Well, I'm actually a Hufflepuff like this MC, and this is how I would respond in regards to giving him chances and still treating him kindly despite how awful he was to her at times. I also wanted to use him kind of as a FOIL for her since he's her opposite in many ways. I think that her goodness and kindness are really accented when she's with him. Her genuine and sweet demeanor is something that throws him off and reveals a different side of him because he can let his guard down around her. However, their interactions also show another side of her too, revealing some of her strength when she has to stand up to him and defend herself. I'm sorry if her actions bothered you, but that's how I wanted to depict their interactions. :)

Why did she start dating Draco at all when she clearly liked George from the start?

She didn't think George liked her back, and she was kind of desperate for that deep level of love and care that comes from a relationship. She's an orphan girl who just wanted to feel loved and was trying to fill that parental hole with a boyfriend. She definitely thought Draco was attractive, but she mostly dated him because she wanted to feel seen and loved, even if she knew she actually liked George and not him.

Why didn't Draco and the main character get together? I liked them better.

Essentially, I wanted to tell a different message than is normally told in fanfictions. Don't get me wrong, I might make a story later where Draco ends up with a sweet girl, but I will write a very different relationship in that case. I want to make it clear that their relationship wasn't healthy or fair to the MC, and Draco's treatment of her without attempting to change was not indicative of a healthy relationship. He also ends up trying to get her back because he's jealous of her relationship with George, which is not okay. The MC here deserves better than this, and I hope that you readers know that you deserve better too. ILY you all. <3

How in the heck did she disarm Voldemort/curse Bellatrix without a wand?

I tried to portray that the MC was incredibly powerful, but she doesn't normally use this power until her friends are in trouble. She's more a lover than a fighter, but when she does need to fight, she's even more powerful than Harry. The other characters are seen reacting with shock as she starts to reveal the strength of her magic in the DA meetings because everyone kind of underestimates her as a Hufflepuff. I hope that helps, but also understand that I'm pretty new to the fandom, so if these scenes didn't logically make sense...oops.

Why did Sirius and Lupin get so freaked out seeing George and Y/N together at first?

I explained this in a comment, but many of you probably didn't see it. I tried to make a lot of parallels between the main character and Lily since Harry gets compared to James a lot. The MC here is clearly a different person and is unique from Lily, but they also share a lot of common traits, including their hair color, eye color, and taste in trouble-making men. The Marauders were a bit like the Weasley twins I suspect. I had a lot of fun making this "history repeats itself" storyline. I began to think about how Draco's relationship with the MC likely reminded Snape of his interactions with Lily since neither Snape nor Draco got the girl. Essentially, Lupin and Sirius saw themselves and their old trouble-making ways in George and thought, "Oh no."

Are you going to write more stories like this?

I'm always writing. It's my passion, so I have a million half-started stories and a number of fanfictions in my drafts that I just need to develop more. If you are specifically looking for more George fics, I will likely do another one eventually, but for now, I want to write some other incredible characters falling in love and living life. Currently, I have started writing fanfics for Neville (Thorn!!), Draco, and young Remus. I am working on my original fiction novels too, so I'm a bit scatterbrained with my stories haha.

Fred?

Yes, I'll make a fanfic about him eventually. I just need a solid plot and motivation, and then I'll write it.

What is your name?

It's Lizz!

How old are you?

20 at the time of writing this.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I'm going to school for psychology, and I hope to be a therapist! Although it's always been my dream to be an author. 🥰

Are you like this MC?

A bit, but she's more consistently forgiving and sweet than I am. I think this character represents everything I'm trying to be. She's tough and forgiving and consistently kind, even when she's hurt and tired.

I feel like her some days, but some days, I'm tired and moody and just not all that pleasant to be around. I hope many of you related to her in some capacity though.

So I heard you wrote this with an original character at first. What was her name?

Felicity Potter! 💛 If you see the name Felicity in the story at all, that is a mistake. I tried to edit her name out, but I definitely have missed it once or twice.

Recommendations of what to read next?

Well, my other fanfics on here, duh!

But more seriously, if you look on my profile, I have put my favorite stories that I've read on my reading lists there. I comment a LOT, so if you read any of those stories, you'll likely see my embarrassing comments all over the place. Oops...

-

Thank you for going on this journey with me. I appreciate and love all of you. If you ever need support or just want to chat, my DMs are always open on here. The only reason I won't respond right away is if I genuinely don't see it or don't have the app downloaded to my phone.

Love all of you. Take care of yourselves, and I'll hopefully see some of you on future fics. <3

Lizz