epilogue

You stood in front of the mirror and stared at your reflection as Thelma zipped up your dress behind you. You turned to Susan and asked, "Do I look okay?"

Susan laughed and put a hand on your arm. She asserted, "You look more than okay, Y/N. You are astonishing. George is going to be blown away by you."

You nodded and blew out a breath. You knew that Susan was right, but you still felt like a bundle of nerves inside.

You smiled as Thelma pulled the zipper up the rest of the way. You ran your hands over your long, silky gown and tried to calm your racing heart. Why were you nervous? This is stupid, you thought to yourself. I literally survived war and helped defeat Voldemort. Why am I nervous?

You beamed at your reflection and exhaled deeply. You turned to face Thelma and sighed, "I'm ready."

Thelma nodded and put her hand over her mouth. She choked on some tears, "Just give me a moment."

You pulled Thelma into a hug and cooed, "Aw! Don't cry."

"I'm sorry. I'm going to get mascara on you. I need to collect myself," Thelma chuckled as she pulled away, grinning proudly at the woman she saw as a daughter.

Molly entered the room in a hurry but came to a halt as her gaze fell on you. She placed her hands on her cheeks and gushed, "Oh my. Dearie, you look ravishing." She crossed the room and pulled you into a hug and sighed, "Oh, I can't believe this day is finally here."

You smiled. "Me neither."

Molly pulled away and waved her hands around helplessly as she began to tear up. She rambled, "Oh, I just came to tell you that they're ready for you."

You beamed and nodded, butterflies erupting in your stomach at the thought of seeing George on the other side of those doors. Ginny handed you your bouquet of sunflowers while Hermione adjusted the veil on your head. Once the two girls had done that, they both slipped from the room with Susan to start the procession.

Molly and Thelma hurried out ahead of them to take their seats as Sirius stepped into the room. His eyes watered as soon as he looked at you, so you teased, "Why is everyone crying today?"

Sirius shook his head and wiped away the couple tears. He jokingly threatened, "Darling, you can't tell anyone I've cried. It would ruin my reputation. I can't be seen as soft being an Auror now, can I?" He winked at you.

You giggled, "What reputation? I haven't heard anything at work-"

A bellowing laugh came out of Sirius as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and led you out of the room and over to the doors. He whispered, "Are you ready, darling?"

You nodded with a beaming smile. You lifted your elbow out, and Sirius hooked his arm in yours, nodding at the men standing at either door.

The doors were pushed open to reveal the most beautiful scene you had ever laid eyes on. There were sunflowers decorating the sides of the chairs as twinkling lights were strewn around, casting a beautiful glow to the evening ceremony. The aisle was decorated with sunflower petals, which made you beam even brighter.

The most beautiful part of all of it was George.

Your eyes fell on George, who was standing in his tailored black suit and staring at you with wide eyes. By the time you and Sirius made it to the altar, George was blubbering with tears. You reached for his hand and squeezed it after Sirius passed you off, and George beamed at you through his tears.

The ceremony progressed, both of you crying occasionally but beaming all the while.

During the vows, George got choked up as you recited, "George, I promise to always love and protect you. I promise to cherish you and care for you, and I'll always laugh at your jokes, even if they aren't funny."

Fred barked out a laugh and reached from behind George to give you a high five. You giggled and continued, "I spent my first eleven years alone and without a family, but now my family is huge... I have a ragtag bunch of people that I would fight to the ends of the earth for, and I'm so glad that you're one of them. You're my number one, my best friend, my love, my soulmate, my home, and I can't wait to start a family with you."

Hermione and Ginny swiped at the tears under their eyes from beside you as George choked and held your hands.

After a moment, he nodded and swallowed his tears to collect himself. He sighed, "I used to think that it would always just be me and Fred. I didn't think there would be anyone else, and I was okay with that. Fred and I were partners in mischief and trouble, and I rarely thought about there being such a thing as a soulmate, but now that I've met you...I know that soulmates are real, and you are mine. You are the best addition to our troublemaking duo, and I can't wait to see what mischief and joy our life together will bring."

You put your hands on your cheeks to hold back your tears, giving him a watery smile in response. He gripped your hands and mouthed, "I love you."

You mouthed it back with a few fresh tears slipping down your cheeks.

The rest of the ceremony passed by in a blur of emotions until it was time for you and George to kiss.

George tugged you in close and held you against his chest as he kissed you for the first time as husband and wife. You wrapped your hands around the back of his neck while he held you close at your waist.

Thelma and Sirius were cheering with Arthur while Molly was crying. Lupin and Tonks were both clapping with wide grins on their faces. Hermione and Ginny were both standing with their hands covering their mouths as they watched with teary eyes. Susan was all out crying from beside you, thrilled for the couple and overcome with emotion.

Fred was smugly smiling and whispering to Harry and Ron, "I told you boys we'd be standing here one day. Now pay up."

Ron protested, "We made that bet years ago, Fred!"

Fred sang, "A bet's a bet. You each owe me 5 galleons."

You and George pulled away. You shot Fred a look and retorted, "I'll pretend I didn't just hear what you said."

Fred smiled innocently at you and wondered, "Whatever do you mean, Potter? Or should I say, Weasley?"

The biggest smile came on your face as you stared up at George. You motioned to the aisle and beamed, "After you, Mr. Weasley."

"No, we do it together," George asserted as he gripped your hand.

You nodded and agreed, "We do it together."

"