Chapter 21.

*   *   *   *

Optimus, Elita and a small team of Autobots had returned from their mission. They had gone to core to see if the ill effects of Dark Energon Could be reversed, only to be very disheartened that it couldn't be done. The infection was far too great to have anything be done. But even though the corruption was terrible, there was a glimmer of hope.

The core of Cybertron, Primus, had bestowed upon Optimus the matrix of leadership. If a piece of the core was alive and well, then so was Primus. Even more fortunately there were 2 pieces of him left, the other being in an ally's care across the galaxy.

But the news of having to leave the planet would break everyone's spark, especially the young Predacons. She was so young and innocent, and to say she has to leave the only real home she has left? It will be just as terrible as telling her the Predacons went extinct.

Optimus and Elita look at one another, both with a worried expression.

"How are we going to tell them?" She asks.

"I could summon everyone into an emergency meeting-"

"What emergency meeting?" A young voice asked.

They both looked down to see the young Predacon standing there, holding another of her plushies. Both Autobots glance at one another once again and look down at the sparkling.

"Springlock, we have some bad news..." Elita said.

Springlock cocked her head to the side.

"What is it?"

Optimus knelt down to her level and put a servo on her shoulder.

"It pains me to say this, but...we must leave."

"Oh okay, leave base?"

Optimus shook his helm.

"No, we must leave Cybertron. Our world can no longer sustain us."

Her blue optics widen, the joy and usual quirkiness could be seen leaving her eyes.

"Wh...what..?" She choked.

Elita knelt down to look her daughter in the eye.

"We are just as disheartened as you are, little one. But we have no choice."

She went to hug her sparkling, but she took a step back.

"But...this is our home..!" Springlock sniffled, tears streaming down her face.

"We know, Springlock. And we are so sorry, but we must leave in order to survive." Optimus said.

Springlock looked in between them as more tears ran down her face, then looked visibly angered as her lights turned bright yellow.

"No! I'm not leaving! You can't make me!"

She spread her wings and took off down the hall.

"Springlock, wait!" Elita called out.

But the sparkling didn't listen. She just flew down the corridor, trying to get as far away from them as she could. Springlock was sobbing as she flew past several Autobots, leaving many of them confused and worried for the youngling. Elita and Optimus were following close behind to try and catch up with her, but she was much faster and they quickly lost sight of her.

Springlock flew until she found herself at the entrance of a storage room, she went in and hid behind large crates. The Predacon sat down and cried, hugging her plushie tightly. She didn't want to leave just as her new parents expected, but her reaction surprised them as she flew out.