Chapter 23.

*   *   *   *

Grimlock, his team and me were still in the hangout area, but they were about to leave to go out on a 'patrol'.

"Ooh ooh! Can I go??" I ask.

"I...don't think that's a good idea." Grimlock said.

"Awww, why?" I whined.

"Because our patrols go through some pretty bad terrain, we don't want you getting hurt or worse." Slug says.

My ears drooped and I sighed, "Okay..."

"We won't be gone long, let's go."

Grimlock and his team left the room, I followed them out but watched them leave the base. My ears were still droopy as I watched them go. I wish they let me go with them, I'm strong! I knocked Grimlock down all by myself! I could handle any connie that got in my way! I pout and cross my arms.

"Springlock, there you are."

My ears perked and I looked up, seeing Optimus coming.

"Hi Oppi."

"What are you doing in this area? This is where Grimlock and his team reside." He asks.

"I know, me and them were 'hanging out' in there. They just left to go on a 'patrol'." I say.

Optimus blinked, I think he was surprised.

"Grimlock allowed you to spend time with him in their own space?" He asked.

I nod with a smile.

"Uh huh! We watched some episodes together about street racing and even the Wreckers! Did you know that RoseBlade was on that wrecker show?"

"I do now. Now do you care to tell me how you managed to get on Grimlocks good side?"

I tilt my head, really confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

Optimus knelt down and looked at me.

"I've known Grimlock well enough to know that he doesn't allow many to be around him and his team, they must prove themselves in order to do so. What did you do, Springlock?"

Uh oh. He didn't say he knew I knocked Grimlock down, or that I destroyed one of the training dummy. But I can't lie to my papa, he's too nice for something like that. I might get into trouble, but I still can't lie to papa.

"Okay..." I inhaled, "I destroyed one of the training dummies in the middle of the night because I wanted something to show Grimlock I could be tough! A-and then he saw me do it but said he was really impressed and he asked me if I wanted to watch his team train, I said yes and watched them train but they weren't rough! Then Grimlock told me to hit him as hard as I could, so I did a few times but then on my last try I knocked him down..."

Optimus listened to me talk with a normal expression, he picked me up and held me close to his chest.

"Springlock, why do you feel the need to do such things?" He asks.

"Because...I just want others to see me as tough. Predacons are tough, aren't they?" I ask.

"They are, yes. But little one, you are already the bravest and toughest sparkling I've ever known."

My ears perked.

"R-Really? But I was so scared when the connies took me, I cried a lot..."

"Perhaps, but you told me you escaped, didn't you?"