Chapter 17

Rebel's POV

As soon as I stood in front of Ax with Rae gripping my arm I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When they snapped open my wolf and I were sharing control.

I twisted my arm out of Rae's grip while withdrawing the knife. I shoved him away as I spun and slammed the blade into Ax's chest just as he pulled out a gun and fired a shot.

All hell seemed to break loose as everyone stormed in. Rae was screaming for his father as he collapsed dead on the ground. The majority of the ferals stumbled as they snapped out of his control. The other Ferals went savage mode and were either killed or restrained quickly.

Rae pulled out a gun. "Now you will know what it feels like to lose." He said before pulling the trigger.

"No!" I screamed as he aimed the gun behind me. The shot rang out as I dove for him and ripped out his heart.

As soon as he was dead I turned and rushed over to Aero. He smiled at me as he laid there bleeding with a bullet wound in his abdomen. "Aero, don't you dare die on me." I sobbed as he smiled sadly.

"I don't want you to die with me." He whispered as his hand cupped my cheek.

Someone was yelling for a doctor as I held pressure on the wound with one hand and leaned my forehead against his. "I love you, please stay. We need you." I whispered as I placed his hand on my stomach.

The one loophole to the soul binding is if the female is pregnant she will die as her child takes their first breath. The goddess didn't think if fair for an innocent soul to die with two others because of a bond. "Y-your pregnant?" He chocked out and I nodded as my eyes filled with tears.

"We need you," I whispered as I kissed him.

I felt the bond start to crumble. "No Aero, No!" I sobbed as I clung to him and he struggled to breath.

"I...love...you...Amore." He breathed out as he stopped breathing.

My wolf howled as she clung to the last bit of the bond. I cried out as I clung to him. I refused to let this be the end of our story. Something inside me burned with a vengeance as I placed my forehead against his. "No." I said the simple word with so much authority yet barely above a whisper.

The fire inside me burst out as a white light covered the both of us. As it receded it focused on where the bullet wound was. I opened my eyes and gasped as I watched his skin, muscles and organs repair themselves and he gasped for breath.

"Aero," I cried as his chest started rising and the bond snapped back in place.

Everyone was silent around us, even the ferals had frozen. I brushed his hair back as I cried happy he was alive. The doctors finally arrived and took him to the infirmary. Everyone didn't know what to do or say but my wolf finally spoke up. "We heal, that is our power. I-I think we can fix the other Ferals."

I was shocked as she went on to explain them being feral is basically a sickness and since we heal we should be able to heal their minds and bring back their humanity.

I told her we would try it out once Aero was awake as I began ordering everyone on what to do. It was over and I was relieved it ended with hardly any bloodshed.

I knew everyone had questions but the only thing I cared about was Aero in this moment. Once everyone had their orders I rushed off to be with Aero.

He was still unconscious but the doctors assured me everything was as if he was never shot. They assumed he would wake up soon and I climbed in bed with him. I interlaced our one hand as I placed is other on my stomach.