2 - Lunch

"Hey Corey. Do you want to come get lunch. Ben, Andrew, Kara and I always go out for lunch and as the other lead in this show, it feels right for you to join us." Jeremy asked. "It's important you get to know these three well. Given they are your two best friends and your love interest, onstage." I grabbed my stomach and turned away, immediately Kara and Ben were both beside me.

"It's okay sis. Take deep breaths." Kara said rubbing my back. "You'll be okay." After a moment I shook Jeremy's words out my mind and turned back, smiling.

"I'm good." I said softly. I heard Kara whisper something to Jeremy and he nodded in response. "So Corey, are you coming to lunch with us?" I asked and he nodded.

"Of course. I think it's really important that I get to know and become friends with my co-stars. Although you probably didn't know this Jeremy, but I've known Ben since we were 11 we were best friends in middle school and high school. " He said looking at all four of them then me, with a extra smile. I tried to hide my blush again but failed miserably. I just sighed and then we all left to go get food. We walked down to Just Salad on 49th street and each got a salad bowl. This was our go to spot and we all had discount cards which we encouraged Corey to get one too. We found a table and sat down. I sat between Kara and Ben on one side and Corey, Andrew and Jeremy were on the other.

"So are you enjoying rehearsals Corey." I asked wanting to start the conversation and not be awkward.

"Yeah. It's really good. I've already taken in a lot and have lots of notes from watching Jeremy. I love this character of Jack so much already."

"That's good." I smiled. I felt Kara take my hand under the table and squeeze it in a reassuring way. I squeezed her hand back and smiled at her. "Oh Kara, I never told you, Corey is at Carnegie Mellon, where you were."

"Oh wow. That's awesome. It's the best."

"Beside NYU." Ben and I said together causing everyone to laugh.

"How are you two not dating. You just seem to click." Andrew chuckled.

"Because we prefer our friendship. We were both in relationships when we met and so just immediately became best friends." I said smiling at him.

"Our friendship actually caused my girlfriend to break up with me." Ben said softly, "but honestly Katie is so worth it. She's the best friend a guy could have asked for and I'm lucky to have her. And if a woman can't love me when I have the greatest best friend in the world, then she doesn't deserve me. Because Katie will always come first to me. I wouldn't trade our friendship for the world. And I'm so lucky to be in a show with her sister so I get to hang out with her even more." I chuckled at Bens reply.

"Yeah. We tried actually dating for like 2 weeks after my boyfriend left me and we just didn't like it. Our relationship worked better as a friendship. And I couldn't ask for a better best friend. A best friend who gives the best hugs ever." I smiled.

"That's cute." Corey said. "I think it's super important to have those friendships that you don't let other relationships affect. My best friend in college, well the first two years of it, decided he didn't want to be my best friend anymore once he started dating his girlfriend. He decided he couldn't split the time between us so he went with her and I haven't seen him in almost 2 years now. Beside maybe passing one another in the corridor. We took different modules for most of college."

"I'm sorry about that. I know what that feels like." Jeremy said softly.

"Let's talk about something more positive, or about the show." Kara said not liking sad conversations about friendship. She lost one of her best friends to suicide a few years ago. Ever since then she shut almost everyone out. Her only friends beside the odd cast mates was me and Kevin, and neither of us were friends as I am her sister and he's her fiancé.

"You missing Jessie." I whispered as I put my chin on her shoulder.

"Yeah." She said softly. "It's been just over 2 years now. She never got to see me achieve my dream of broadway, like I saw her achieve her dreams."

"She will see you. From above. She's watching you every day and she's so proud of you for all you've achieved, from your audition for newsies all the way to broadway and she's so happy for you and Kevin. She's there in your heart and I know you'll never forget her." I said rubbing my sisters back. "You're strong Kara. You've got this."

"Thanks Katie. You always make me feel better."

"Just like you do to me." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"You girls are the sweetest sisters." Jeremy said. "You're always there for each other no matter what and that's super special."

"She's my sister, I have to look out for her. I don't want her getting hurt. And with family quite far away we only really have each other thats there in an emergency." I said smiling at her.

"Yeah. It's the same here. I don't want my little sister getting hurt. I know I can seem over protective at times and I'm working on that, but to me she's still freshman, new to New York, and I wanted to care for her and help her get settled. I guess I never stopped even though she's been here for 3 and a half years now. And she will always be my younger sister, nothing can ever change that." She said looking at me. "And I'm super lucky to have her in my life."

"As am I."

"I'm in the same boat. My older sister is still super protective of me." Andrew said. "And I'm protective of her too. It's whats siblings do. You automatically look out for one another." We soon finished up lunch and went back to the studio.