7 - Last Day In Town

December 30th

Corey and I sat together in Central Park. I leant against him, my head on his shoulder as his arm wrapped around my waist. "When will I next see you?" I said softly.

"Well once Tech starts I'm here every Saturday night and Sunday. Then I drive on Monday mornings as I don't have classes then. So I'll see you every weekend."

"But you have work. And I can't be there from now. I get to come once during tech week, and then I'll be able to watch a preview or two and then it's opening night. March 29th."

"Which means I'll be with you on my birthday which is all I want."

"Oh yeah. March 30th." I gave a soft smile.

"So I do my shows on Sundays. 3-5:30 so how about every Sunday evening after the show we go on a date together. That way we will still see each other. And don't forget we can FaceTime and call and text every day." He said rubbing my side.

"Okay. That makes me feel a little better." I said softly. "I'm going to miss you so much though Corey."

"I know Katie. And I'll miss you so much too. But I'll be thinking of you always." He pushed me up gently so he could move to sit in front of me. He took both my hands in his. "So a few days ago I realised we weren't actually official. So I need to ask, Katie Lindsay will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will Corey." I chuckled. I knelt onto my knees and threw my arms around him in a hug. He did the same and I smiled widely. After we pulled apart he rested a hand on my cheek and leant towards me. I knew this was it. Our first kiss. I closed my eyes and his lips pressed against my own. I smiled widely against his lips as they moved in sync with mine. The kiss didn't last long but it didn't need to. It was perfect just the way it was. Our foreheads rested against one another's and I gazed into his beautiful brown eyes. He smiled and kissed me again. I moved my arms to around his neck as his were on my waist. "Thank you." I whispered as we pulled apart.

"No, thank you Katie. Thank you for being willing to try long distance with me. I know it will be hard, but we will get though it."

"Yeah we will. And it's not super long distance as I'll still see you every week. It's not like I won't see you for months at a time."

"Well I don't come back for rehearsals until March. So we have 2 months apart."

"Oh." I said softly. "So you'll miss my 22nd." I said looking down.

"When's your birthday Katie?"

"February 19th. I thought you'd be here as it's a Sunday."

"I'll see what I can do." He said softly, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"'Til the moment I found you," I started singing. "I thought I knew what love was. Now I'm learning what is true, that love will do what it does." I looked into his eyes and smiled. "The world finds ways to sting you, and then one day, decides to bring you. Something to believe in for even a night. One night may be forever, But that's alright, that's alright. And if you're gone tomorrow, what was ours still will be. I have something to believe in. Now that I know you believed in me." I said taking his hand in mine as I sat beside him again.

"We was never meant to meet, and then we meet, who knows why? One more stranger on the street, just someone sweet passin' by." He nudged me a little and I nudged him back, a small giggle escape my lips. "An angel come to save me, who didn't even know she gave me. Somethin' to believe in for even a day. One day may be forever, but that's okay, that's okay. And if I'm gone tomorrow, what was ours still will be. I have something to believe in, now that I know you believed in me." I smiled at him as his voice sounded so perfect in my ears. We then continued to sing together.

"Do you know what I believe in? Look into my eyes and see." As things were in the show, Corey put his hand on the side of my face and kissed me as I put my arm around his shoulder and his other arm wrapped around my waist. We kissed passionately for a while, with the score still going on in our heads but we ignored the spoken word.

"And if I'm gone tomorrow." Corey said as he pulled away from me, standing up to his feet. I stood too brushing off my skirt I was wearing.

"What was ours still will be." I placed my left hand on his chest, feeling his heart beating beneath it. I removed my hand and started walking backwards as I remember Kara doing in rehearsals.

"I have something to believe in, Now that I know you believed in me." Corey ran forward and took my hands and squeezed them.

"I have something to believe in." He said moving his hands to my waist.

"Now that I know you believed in me." We finished the song and I jumped into his arms mine going around his neck for support, my legs lifting up off the ground going behind me. He spun me around as we giggled. When he eventually put me down I sighed and just hugged him. "I'm going to miss you so much Corey Cott."

"I'm going to miss you even more Katie Lindsay." I just hugged him tightly, trying not to cry. He rubbed my back and the tears just flowed. "It's okay Katie. I've got you, and you'll be fine. You have Ben and Kara here still. And as I said, I'll call you all the time. We will be okay. I believe in us."

"I believe in us too." I said standing back and taking his hands in mine. I gave him another short kiss and then just looked at him. After a while he sighed.

"I need to go." He said softly. "I need to get back to college tonight and it's already 5." I nodded and gave him one last hug. "I'll be thinking of you always and I'll call you when I get back."

"Okay. I'll be thinking of you too." I said softly. I took my phone out and Corey took a selfie of us together. I walked with him to his already packed up car. He got something out his pocket and put his arms around my neck clasping a necklace.

"So you'll always have a piece of me with you." I looked at it and saw a locket with a picture of us in.

"I love it. Thank you." He then picked up his hoodie which I loved and tied it around my waist.

"I know how much you love this hoodie." I smiled and gave him another hug. "Okay. I really have to go." He got into the car and shut the door, rolling down the window. "I'll see you soon Katie."

"Yeah." I said softly. I leant against the car and kissed him one last time before standing up and stepping back. "Goodbye."

"Goodbye beautiful." He said as he slowly pulled away. I waved at him and sighed. I slowly walked to Kara's and spent my evening with her, because I knew if I was home alone I'd just lie in bed crying. I posted the picture Corey took on Instagram.

 I posted the picture Corey took on Instagram

*I'm going to miss this one so much. It's been the most incredible 4 weeks and I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have him by my side. See you at the end of February xx*