37 - Coming Home

I kept my arm around Corey as we walked out with Kevin and Kara to their car. He'd been able to get up and walk around the hospital room the last few days so he was recovering well. He was still experiencing dizziness from his concussion so I kept him close to me to help stabilise him. Once in the car Corey closed his eyes. "I know it's scary Cowboy. But we will be okay."

"Just hold me close so if something does happen I'll be beside you." I did just that and moved into the central seat, wrapping both my arms around him. I kissed his cheek and he smiled at me. "Thank you for being here with me."

"It's no problem. I needed to make sure you were okay. And I won't be leaving your side at all until Tuesday when I go back to the show."

"I'm going to miss going to the theatre with you."

"You can probably still come with me depending on how you're feeling. But obviously your health is the most important thing. And the more you rest, the faster you'll get better and soon enough we will be back on that stage together." I said softly. He nodded and kissed my cheek.

"I love you Katie."

"I love you too Corey. And I'm sure Theo can't wait to see his dad again."

"I can't wait to give him a cuddle. I missed our little boy."

"Me too." I said softly. Kevin drove us home and the whole time at the start Corey kept his eyes closed. "Love. Keeping your eyes closed won't help you. Just look at me instead. Look into my eyes and tell me what you see." He opened his eyes and looked at me. After 2 minutes of us looking at one another he spoke.

"I see you, on our final show at newsies, crying, standing next to me as I'm also crying. I see you in a wedding dress walking down the aisle of our wedding. I see you with a pregnant baby bump and I'm stood hugging you from behind, my hands on the bump. And then I see you holding our child, me watching you lovingly. That's what I see when I look into your eyes right now. I see the future that I want with you that I may have not had. I want to spend my whole life with you Katie, and I want that life to be long and filled with love."

"It's sounds like a wonderful future. I can't wait to have that with you." I said giving him a soft kiss on the lips. "I can't wait to marry you one day and build our family." I said softly as we pulled into our apartments parking lot. I again helped Corey out the car and we took the elevator up. We could have taken the stairs just 2 floors up, but with Corey being dizzy we decided the steps may be a bad idea. As we unlocked the door Theo came running over. Kara picked him up as I took Corey to the couch. Kara then came and brought Theo over to us. Once Corey and I were sat down she placed Theo in Corey's lap and he immediately cuddled with him and gave him kisses which were gratefully returned by Theo. Kara and Kevin then left us so we could be alone. "Just be careful Corey." I said standing to go get his tablets out my bag and get him a glass of water. I saw him attempting to hold Theo in his right arm and take a photo with his bad arm, he seemed to be able to do stuff with his hand still, but I knew it wasn't good for him. He sent me the photo as I was in the kitchen. "I said be careful Cor. Taking selfie's with Theo is not being careful." I said walking back in. And taking the dog out his arm and more importantly the phone out his hand. "I know you love him lots and you've missed him. But using the hand on your broken arm isn't going to help you recover." I said being serious. "I know I sound harsh and mean but I'm saying this because I love you. I love you so much Corey and I'm devastated that you were in this accident. I'm more devastated that you won't be able to perform with me for at least a month, likely 2. I don't want you doing anything that could make your arm even worse to make that time frame longer okay."

"Okay. I'm sorry. I was just so excited to be home with him. That I wanted to take a picture."

"I know love. Now here. Take your medication and hopefully your headaches and dizziness will fade a little." I said passing him the water and getting the tablets out my pocket. I gave them to him and once he took them I put Theo back in his lap. I sat beside him, with my arm around his waist and smiled. "I know I was never really away from you as I was with you in the hospital. But it's good to have you back. And for us to be home, together. And I know you still have bruises on your face and it hurts to smile, but I can't wait to have the Corey I know and love back. My singing, performing, loving, caring, smart, kind, handsome and dorky cowboy."

*Thank you all so much for all the love and support we've received regarding the Car Accident the other day

*Thank you all so much for all the love and support we've received regarding the Car Accident the other day. I was able to stay in the hospital with Corey for a few days and we're now both back home. Of course the first thing he did when back was go cuddle Theo, who'd been staying with my sister. Not the most attractive picture of him, but it's a picture he took himself and so is special to me. Corey isn't back to his usual dorky self yet which is really hard on me, but just having him here right now is all I need. He was incredibly lucky and sustained only few injuries including a broken left arm, dislocated left shoulder which had now been put back in place, and a few bruises here and there. The impact also caused a concussion which is why he's only just left hospital. He's still having headaches and experiencing dizziness constantly though. He has also suffered a small amount of memory loss. He doesn't remember the actual accident, where about's it was or why he was even in the car and only recalls screaming for me as he was put in the ambulance. I'm just relieved this is his only memory loss we've detected so far, he still remembers all his lines for newsies, he wouldn't stop saying them as we sat in hospital while the show was going on the other day. I will remain out of the show for the rest of this week to care for Corey, as he isn't to be left alone yet and I will return on Tuesday, although won't stage door as I need to be there for him whenever I'm not onstage. We don't yet know when Corey will be able to return which is devastating for both him and me. I just want to be on that stage singing with him. With my cowboy. But as I said, at least he's still here and that's the most important thing.*