16 - Corey's Birthday

I woke up the next morning, around 10am, Corey in my arms. I realised we were both still naked beside underwear and I smiled. I thought about the previous night with him and it made my heart skip a beat. I carefully unwrapped my arms from his body and smiled softly. He was so cute when he was asleep. His hair was all scruffy, he still had this little smile on his lips and well he was just incredibly handsome as well. I went and put on my favourite top of his before crawling back into bed and snuggling up. I felt his arms tighten around my body and I looked up across at his eyes and smiled. "Hi angel." He whispered.

"Hey Cowboy. Happy birthday." I said kissing him.

"Thanks Love. Last night was amazing. And I'm so glad I spent it with you Katie."

"It really was." I blushed. "I had the night of my life, and now I have meet your parents." I said a hint of nervousness in my voice.

"You'll be fine angel. They are going to love you. You're so sweet and caring and loving. You're just perfect, in every way." I smiled and laid on top of him and kissed him again. It was a sweet loving kiss this time but that didn't make it any less meaningful or romantic. I sometimes preferred when we just shared small soft kisses with each other rather thank a heated make out. I smiled and got off him sitting up in bed, he joined me and put his arm around my waist. I leant across to the bedside table and picked up a small box.

"Corey. This is for you." I said handing him the box. I watched him open it. Inside was a book I'd made him out of a deck of cards. On each card there was a reason as to why I loved him. I watched him flip though it as he began to cry. I kept my arm around him the whole time and he'd occasionally kiss my cheek or my temple.

"I love this so much Katie. It's so personal and special. I'm going to treasure it forever."

"I'm glad you like it. Why don't you get ready for the day and I'll go make breakfast for us." I said getting out of bed and putting some leggings on.

"Okay. I'll be there in about 10 minutes." I quickly ran to the kitchen and got out Corey's main present. I put the acoustic guitar in its stand and tied a bow around the top of it. I placed it in the corner of the living room and quickly began making scrambled eggs with some sausages as they were his favourite. While waiting I posted a happy birthday post for his birthday.

*It's this handsome guy's 23rd birthday today and I'm blessed to be by his side as he celebrates

*It's this handsome guy's 23rd birthday today and I'm blessed to be by his side as he celebrates. I love you Corey Cott. My favourite cowboy.*

I was finishing up the eggs as Corey came in. He completely passed the guitar and came and wrapped his arms around me. I chuckled and looked at him. "Smells amazing." He said softly.

"It's almost ready. If you want to make us some coffee and then I'll join you at the table." I said hoping he'd see the guitar by that point.

I finished off and sat at the table with the two plates. Corey came and sat beside me and his eyes widened as he saw the guitar. "Katie. What's that?"

"What do you think it is silly? It's your birthday present from me." I said placing my hand on his arm.

"Are you serious?" We both stood up and he walked over to the guitar and picked it up. He strummed a chord and I smiled at him. "Thank you so much Katie." He said putting the guitars down again and hugging me tightly. I hugged him back.

"You're welcome Corey. I remembered you telling me on our first date how you wanted to relearn the guitar. Well now you can." I said softly.

"It's perfect. I love it so much. Thank you." I kissed him softly before going back to my seat. He came and sat beside me and we ate breakfast quickly. We then went and sat on the couch and Corey began playing the guitar, going over what he remembered from his childhood. After a few hours of just hanging out together we both got ready to go meet his parents. I changed into a nice black and white striped top with a denim skirt. I put on a pair of tights and boots and a white jacket. Corey put on a shirt and jeans and then we both headed out. I saw him slide the card book into his pocket which made me smile. We held hands as we walked down to the restaurant. For once we went somewhere else because his parents had booked it. We waited outside and soon enough we heard his name being called.

"Corey!" A sweet 15 year old girl said running and hugging him.

"Hey little one. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too Corey." She smiled and looked at me. "Is that Katie?" She asked her older brother. "Because shes really pretty."

"Yeah, Carly, that's Katie. And I agree, she's beautiful." I blushed and smiled softly. "Mom, dad, Casey. This is my incredible girlfriend Katie Lindsay." He said smiling.

"It's nice to finally meet you all." I said softly.

"You too Katie. Corey has been telling us so much about you." I blushed again and simply smiled. We headed inside and were taken to our table. I was sat next to Corey which I was thankful for. "So Corey has told us lots about you, but it would be nice to hear it from you."

"Okay. Well I'm 22, I'm about to graduate from NYU with a degree in musical theatre. I'm originally from Rochester New York. I have an older sister, Kara, she's 26, who you'll see on Sunday as she plays Katherine in newsies opposite Corey and Jeremy." I said nervously. "And I'm sure you know, but I met Corey in December when he was here for the 4 weeks of rehearsals. I was there too shadowing Kara as part of a college assignment. And so we met and pretty quickly fell in love. And I couldn't be happier. He's the greatest guy ever and I love him so much."

"And I love you too Angel." He said kissing my cheek.

"It's so clear how happy you both make one another and that's something really special. Hold onto each other." His father said.

"I will. The long distance has been hard but we're making it work and once I graduate and my accommodation contract ends I'll be moving into Corey's new apartment with him which I'm super excited for."

"Me too. I can't wait to spend every night beside the girl I love most in the world." He said softly looking at me. He gave me a soft kiss which I smiled at and rested my head on his shoulder. Overall dinner with his family was really nice all his family were lovely. As we were finishing up Corey yawned and laid his head on my shoulder.

"You tired love?" I said putting my arm around him.

"Yeah. Long day yesterday. It was a great day, just very long."

"I know what you mean. I'm pretty tired too. Do you want to head home?"

"Yes please. Mom, dad, Casey, Carly. I may see you tomorrow, but I might be called in for a rehearsal, And then obviously the show on Sunday." He smiled. "But enjoy your sight seeing I know you're doing."

"We will. Go get some rest Corey. You look like you need it." Corey and I hugged them all and then we headed back to my place. Once there we immediately collapsed onto the couch together cuddling up as we put on a light hearted film. I ended up falling asleep in his lap half way though.