28 - 8 show week

(The night before)

My phone rang as I cuddled up with Corey in bed. "Who's calling me this late?" I said sitting up right and reaching for my phone. "Oh is Thomas." He was our company manager.

"Hey Tom." I said answering.

"Hey Katie. I'm sorry to call you so late for some reason it wasn't on my list of jobs to all you even though it was probably the most important task to do."

"It's fine. What's up?"

"I mean you may already know but Kara's on her vacation week this week so it means you're on all week. You probably already knew but yeah."

"Oh wow. Her vacation week already. I knew it was coming up, didn't realise it was so soon after mine. Well thanks for calling to remind me Tom."

"No problem Katie. I'll see you tomorrow at 1 for usual understudy rehearsals."

"Yep. See you then. Bye." I smiled and hung up. "Guess who's gunna be your Katherine Plumber all week long," I said rolling onto Corey so I laid on top of him.

"Let me guess." He smirked. "You." I answered him by kissing him passionately. His arms wrapped around me as mine held the sides of his neck. He flipped us over so I was under him and we continued to make out. I reached up and pulled Corey's top off, temporarily breaking the kiss. I had no idea why he even had it on in the first place. He never wore a top to bed, mainly because I usually wore his clothes as PJs, and he looked better shirtless. He'd started growing out his chest hair much to most of the casts dismay, but I actually kinda liked it, it suited him. After pulling his top off I began gently kissing his neck and shoulder causing Corey to chuckle. Each kiss was light and soft as to not leave any marks because of the show.

"You're so perfect." I whispered between kisses.

"So are you." He pulled off the top of his I had on leaving me in just my skimpy shorts. He started kissing me down the jaw, then my neck then my shoulder. It felt magical, his soft kisses were so loving and perfect. After a while he stopped kissing me and just held me close. He moved off of me and laid beside me. I shuffled closer to him and he put his arm under me so I could rest my head on his chest as he continued to hold me gently in this new position. "This is going to be an amazing week. I can already tell. It's going to be exhausting, but wonderful."

"I agree." I said closing my eyes. "Goodnight Cowboy. I love you. Sleep well."

"I love you too my angel. Goodnight." He said kissing my forehead as I fell asleep.

~~~~~

Corey and I headed out to Just Salad to get a nice healthy lunch before my rehearsals. He was coming with me just because he wanted to, plus I wasn't going to say no to a lunch date with my man. We had a super cute date and then headed to the theatre. He hung around talking to people while I had my rehearsal. I went over a few things I hadn't been doing perfectly and then was allowed to go because they didn't want me too tired before the show that evening. I went to Kara's dressing room and saw a note from her.

'Dear Katie. I hope you have an incredible week. Your first 8 show week! I'm so proud of how far you've come and I can't wait to see you go even father. Think of this week as practice for when I leave the show and you do 8 shows a week every week. Enjoy performing with Corey every night, I'm sure you will. Sending you both all my love xx Kara'

I smiled and stuck it up on my mirror. I walked across the hallway to Corey's room. "Hey love, can I come in?"

"I'm shirtless but..." I took that as a yes and went in before he could finish. I wasn't going to miss an opportunity of seeing Corey shirtless. I walked in and stood behind him wrapping my arms around him, resting them on his chest.