12 - Corey's Big Day

March 18th

Today was Corey's big day. He was up early pacing around my bedroom. "Corey babe, you're going to be fine." I said with my eyes closed still.

"I'm nervous Katie. You must know what it's like. And this is a whole new level. This is Broadway!"

"I know love. But you know this so well, you could do it in your sleep." I said opening my eyes and getting out of bed, walking over to him to see him shirtless. Wow. He was cute and hot. I knew that already. But this was a whole new level of hotness, and with his hair all scruffy having just gotten out of bed he still looked super cute and adorable as always. I decided to try and ignore it and I grabbed his hands in mine. "Corey, love. Look at me." He looked down into my eyes and I smiled. "You're going to be fine. You have Ben and Andrew to help you onstage, but you don't need them. Because you know this inside and out."

"That's not why I'm nervous."

"Then why are you nervous?" I said placing one hand on his bare chest and one on his upper arm, rubbing my hand up and down to help relax him.

"I'm worried and nervous about the scenes between me and Kara." I slowly nodded in understanding. "I know it's just acting and it's just a stage kiss and I've had to kiss her before in rehearsals and it's been okay. But I know how it hurts you. Kara told me back in December. I don't want to hurt you Katie. You're my everything."

"As are you. But this is your dream. It really sucks knowing that three times a show you and my sister kiss each other."

"Four. There's the peck at the very end."

"Okay that one I don't mind as much, it's barely even a kiss. But the other three. It's showbiz. And let's put it this way. If my sister wasn't in this show, you wouldn't have met me. And we wouldn't be together and you'd be kissing whoever else was playing Katherine. And it would be normal to you. I've had to kiss guys I've not been dating. I'm sure you have had to during college and shows. It's just how it works and yes it's not great and it's not enjoyable. But the reality is, as long as we all go into this knowing the same thing. That's it's just a stage kiss we will be fine. I don't like it, you don't like it, Kara really doesn't like it. She hates the fact she's out there kissing her little sisters boyfriend. You have you kiss your girlfriends older sister. I'm pretty sure she feels worse about this than you do but either way we all don't like it. Kara and Jeremy are both engaged and kiss every night four times. At least at the moment it's just once a week. I know it's going to be hard but put it this way. I'll be around every Sunday for your shows. Once you come off stage at the end I will be waiting in your dressing room to give you a long romantic and loving kiss. Just like this." I pulled him in closer to me and began kissing him with all the love I could muster at 9am on a Sunday. He lifted his hand to my cheek and stroked it with his thumb as we stood kissing in my bedroom. It got heated very quickly and soon we both had to stop for a moment. "I love you Cowboy."

"I love you too Angel. And if I can get a kiss like that every Sunday after the show, it will be worth it." I smiled and gave him three short kisses before standing back.

"Oh, and by the way. You look incredible shirtless." I said before walking out to make breakfast not even letting him respond to me.

~~~~~

I stood backstage, Corey was in costume ready to go on. "I love you. You'll be amazing. And wonderful. And incredible. I can't wait. This is a big moment Corey. And I know you're going to smash it. Break a leg." I said before giving him a tight hug and a soft kiss.

"I'll see you after the show." He whispered as he kissed my forehead. "I love you angel. And I'll be thinking of you."

"You got this." I said before I left the backstage area to find my seat. I smiled and slowly the auditorium went dark and the show began.