5 - First Date

Ben and Kara ended up walking back with me to my apartment. Ben lived in the same apartment block as me so he was walking that way anyway, Kara just insisted on taking me home even though I had Ben.

"So you're going to write that assignment up?" Kara laughed.

"Was it that obvious?" I sighed.

"It wasn't until Corey said he had to go pack. He's been here two and a half weeks and he has one and a half more to go. He wouldn't start packing now. Plus I could tell he was lying from a mile off. I may have not seen him much in the last few years, but he's still one of my best friends." Ben chuckled and I laughed with him.

"I don't know what to wear. We're just going out for dinner but I don't want to dress up too smart or dress down too much."

"I know the perfect outfit." Kara smiled. "It's one of my favourites that you wear." We headed into my apartment and she pulled out a pair of black tights, my favourite wedges and then my cute white jumper dress.

"This is perfect." I went to have a super quick shower, keeping my hair dry. Then I changed and put it on.

"Wow. You look so cute." Ben said brushing my hair behind my ear.

"Thanks B." I sat at my dresser and Kara brushed my hair and pulled half of it up, tying it up. She put in a white scrunchie to match the dress. I applied some super basic makeup. Mainly just a bit of concealer, setting powder, a simple 2 colour eyeshadow, mascara and a little lipstick.

I was done by 6:50 and grabbed a clutch to put my wallet and phone into. When I heard a knock on the door. I went to answer it and Corey was there in a white shirt, black jacket and denim jeans, and wow he looked both cute and hot all at once. He held a bunch of red roses in his arms.

"You look gorgeous Katie, these are for you." He said handing me the flowers.

"Thanks Corey. These are beautiful." I smiled. "Come on in." I walked though to the kitchen and put the flowers in a vase. "Kara, Ben. I'm leaving." The two rushed in to Corey's surprise. "Oh yeah. They both figured it out." I chuckled. "And then they both wanted to help me get ready."

"Alright. Well the three of you did a great job. Because you look beautiful Katie." I blushed and then hugged both Ben and Kara before standing beside Corey. Kara had a tear in her eye as she looked at me.

"Look after her. Please." She said softly. "Katie is my world. And I'd never forgive myself if she got hurt while in New York. I promised our parents I'd look after her and make sure she was okay."

"And you dare hurt my best friend, I will hurt you so much harder you won't know what's hit you," Ben added some what jokingly but also some what serious.

"I promise I won't hurt her or break her heart. I promise to look after her and keep her safe too. She's a special girl, I can see that, and I can't wait to get to know her even more. And I'm a lucky guy to be going on a date with her."

"We should get going. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said looking at my best friend and sister. "We will be fine so please don't worry about me. I will text you both when I get back home so you know I'm safe. Lock the door when you leave." I said walking out the apartment door with Corey behind me. This was it. My first date with Corey.

~~~

Corey took me to this cute Italian restaurant and I immediately felt at home. "I love Italian food. It makes me feel like I'm home. Our mom is Italian." I told him as we walked in.

"Wow. That's amazing. I clearly chose well then. I love this place. It was the first restaurant I went to when I first visited New York and it's been a favourite ever since." It was a small little family business which gave a nice atmosphere rather than the busier chain restaurants.