23 - Happy Anniversary

December 18/19th 2012

Christmas was fast approaching and there was one gift I really wanted to get for Corey but I couldn't leave it too late. I sat in the dressing room scanning though various photos I'd been sent from the rescue centre. I had to pick the perfect puppy for Corey. I knew tomorrow was also our 1 year anniversary of our first date. Maybe that would be a good time to give him the puppy, as an anniversary gift. I smiled softly as I heard the end of the show playing over the speakers. I changed my phone to being on Instagram and scrolled though that instead. Corey soon walked in and began to get changed. "How was it?" I asked, looking up as he took his shirt off.

"Really good. But I'm ready for a day off." He said softly. I stood up and went to place my hands on his chest. "I love you." He said kissing me gently.

"I love you too Cowboy." I ran my fingers though his sweaty hair. I then let him finish getting changed and go to the stage door. Once he came back in we both grabbed our bags and headed home.

~~~~~

It was the morning of our Anniversary and I woke up to the smell of Pancakes. I got up and put on a top of Corey's and then headed downstairs in that and my shorts I was already wearing. "Happy Anniversary Cowboy." I said walking over to him.

"Happy Anniversary Angel." He kissed me softly and I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too. And I can't wait to take you on our anniversary date. Which is actually your gift as well." I smiled. He handed me a box which I opened. Inside was cube which had 9 photos, one on each side. Each photo was a key point of our relationship so far. Such as the day Corey asked me to be his girlfriend, my 22nd birthday, our broadway debuts.

"Corey. It's beautiful. I love it."

"You're welcome." He smiled.

"Okay, for my gift you need to go get dressed as we have to head out." I said as I started on eating my pancakes. "Hmmm. Amazing pancakes love." I smiled as he got up to get changed. Once I finished I followed him to the bedroom and got dressed myself. "Okay. So I obviously won't blindfold you straight away. But once we get off the subway and we're in open air I'm going to put a blindfold on you." I said softly. "But don't worry. I'll make sure you're safe." He nodded and soon we left. I was all of a sudden really excited. Once off the subway I tied a blindfold around his eyes and he put one arm around me. I put mine around him and used my other hand to guide him. We made it to the rescue centre in one piece and I took the blindfold of him. "Happy Anniversary." I said pointed to it.

"Wait, are we getting a puppy?" He squealed like a little kid.

"We sure are, your anniversary gift from me is that you get to pick which puppy we adopt." I smiled and he hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much angel."

"You're welcome. I know how much you've wanted to get a puppy." We headed in and I spoke to the owner who knew me from various phone calls and messages. Corey went straight to the room full of puppies and smiled. I loved seeing him so happy. He looked so adorable. We were let into the room with them and one immediately came and jumped into Corey's lap. I smiled softly as Corey played with the little white puppy with pale brown ears. He was incredibly fluffy and Corey was petting him lovingly.

"Hey little one. You seem to like me." He said softly. He looked at the other puppies. They were all cute but something about this one seemed right. "I think this is the one. I was drawn to him as I looked from outside and he came straight over to us."

"Okay then." I went over to the owner and we filled out the adoption forms, paid the fee and then were given a harness and leash for him. We walked to the local pet shop and brought everything else we knew we'd need when caring for a dog. We then took him home. I set everything up as Corey laid on the floor playing with him. He looked so happy and I never wanted to forget this moment. I went and stood over the top of him and took a photo of him and the puppy cuddling. "What are we going to name him?" I said softly as I sat behind Corey, lifting his head up and placing it in my lap.

"I think he looks like a Theo. I've been saying it to him and he seems to like it

"Okay then. Theo Cott. Welcome to the family." I said petting him. He gave a soft bark and I smiled.

"It's Christmas week. You excited?" Corey asked.

"Yeah. I'm excited to spend my first Christmas with you. And our little family of three now."

"Me too. Well and Kara, Kevin and Ben. It will be nice having a small quiet Christmas with just the 5 of us. Well and Theo. Super relaxed."

"Yeah." I ran my fingers though his hair as I smiled at him. "You're so perfect. I couldn't imagine a more perfect man." I said bending over and kissing him from above. He kissed me back a little before I pulled away because it hurt my neck and back.

"You're perfect too Katie. Everything about you is exactly what I imagined my dream girl being. Beautiful, smart, kind, talented, caring, loving, a good cook, artistic, amazing." I blushed massively as he listed all these things that he thought were perfect about me. "And you have those beautiful hazel eyes that I just love to gaze at." I smiled.

"Shhh. Stop talking and let's just enjoy this moment together. I don't need you to tell my about what you love about me, because I already know." I said softly. I moved out from under his head and laid down next to him on the floor. I turned my head to face him and his eyes glistened. I rested my hand on his cheek and we kissed. It was loving and romantic, that was until Theo tried to join in. "Eww Theo! This is mommy and daddy kisses only." I said pulling away and petting our new puppy. I sat up and Corey did the same. I got my phone out and posted to Instagram.

*After months of discussion, ever since Corey and I first moved in together in June, we finally got the puppy that Corey's always wanted

*After months of discussion, ever since Corey and I first moved in together in June, we finally got the puppy that Corey's always wanted. And the smile on his face when we picked up Theo is so worth all the work we will have to do looking after this pup. I mean just look at how cute my boys are. Happy 1 Year Anniversary my Love. Be prepared for lots of puppy photos coming up. Welcome to the family Theo.*