40 - One last show

READ THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS OF THE INSTAGRAM STORY: Fills the time skip and that will tell you what happened!

I sat in bed with Corey, we were looking though the memory book that I'd gotten him for an opening night present. We made sure to spend one Monday
a month adding to the scrapbook. We were laughing and kissing a lot as we looked back on all the amazing memories. "I can't believe today is the last show." He chuckled.

"Me neither." I said softly. "But it's been a magical journey. And I can't wait for us to continue our own journey together."

"Yeah." He said. "And you've already booked another job, that workshop for Bandstand. You'll be amazing love." I smiled and kissed his cheek again.

"I can't wait. We should probably get ready to go." I said softly and he nodded. I closed the scrapbook and put it to one side before getting out of bed and getting changed for the day. I went and found my dress I'd chosen for our cast after party and packed up a few makeup items and my heels I'd need. Corey also packed a nice shirt and bottoms into his bag as well as a smart jacket. We'd already had breakfast in our PJs before getting back into bed for most of the morning. We were heading out for lunch with Ben and Elouise. We said goodbye to Theo and then left for lunch.

"Katie! Corey!" Elouise called when we arrived at the restaurant. I saw her and Ben sat at a booth and so we walked over hand in hand. We sat opposite them and smiled. "You two ready for the last show?"

"Yeah. I am at least. It's going to be difficult. But I know it won't be the last time I perform with Ben or Corey. I'll likely do many solo shows with them as I love them both so much, each in their own way." I said smiling at Ben.

"Same. I'll miss the show for sure. But I'll always have Katie with me. And we will have our memories scrapbook to look though when ever we like, just like this morning. And that always makes me smile. It's been a wonderful two and a half years, but I'm ready to move on and start something new." Corey smiled. Soon a waitress came over and we ordered our food. I cuddled up to Corey and he held me close. "You okay Love?" He asked kissing my cheek.

"Yeah. I'm just nervous about everything. Not the show. But I have bandstand next month and then I'm going to be unemployed. I've been at auditions and stuff but I've yet to book something new and I'm worried about what may happen. Will we still be able to afford our apartment? Will we be able to care for Theo? So many questions are wiring through my head."

"We will be okay. I've had to keep this a secret from everyone. But I feel like I need to tell you now Katie. And Ben and El, don't tell anyone! But I've booked another Broadway show. It's a limited run and we have an out of town run at the Kennedy centre for a month from mid January to mid February and then a run from mid March to June on broadway."

"Cor. This is amazing. I'm so proud of you." I hugged him tightly and kissed him softly. "I can't wait." I pulled back and smiled at him lovingly. I ran my fingers though his hair and he pulled me in tighter and placed a hand on my thigh. It always made me feel warm inside when he was more romantic and affectionate. "You are so handsome. And yet so dorky and cute. I don't know how you do it. But you are so perfect, and I love every little thing about you."

"And I love every single thing about you." Our food arrived and we all ate before heading out to the theatre. I went and got myself ready as did Corey and when I went to his dressing room it was empty.

"Corey?" I called wondering down the corridor. He appeared out of bens room. "You okay? I came to find you and you were gone."

"Sorry, I had to talk to Ben about something. But I'm all yours now until the show starts." I nodded and we went to the backstage area when I had a call.

"Hey Kara. Everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to wish you an amazing last show. We're all super excited to see you and Corey one last time as Jack and Katherine and I know you'll be amazing as always. I also wanted to give you another reminder that I'm so endlessly proud of you for everything you've accomplished."

"Thanks sis. That means a lot. Now I have to go. But I'll see you after the show. I love you."

"I love you too. And take in every moment of this last show. Perform like you've never performed before."

"Of course I will. Bye."

"Bye Katie." I hung up and leant against Corey. Soon the places call came on and I smiled and Corey and I went to stage right. I kissed him softly with my hands on his chest. "One last time. Let's do this! Break a leg cowboy."

"Break a leg angel. I love you!" I smiled and kissed him again before he climbed up to the set and the show began.