Idiot | 24

Yeseul POV

Feeling suffocated in the quarantine ward, I mustered up the little strength I had, to walk towards my ward window, still had my IV drip injected into my hand. Now I found it a bit easier to breathe, so I no longer needed that ventilator, at least for now.

I was alone because nurses and doctors would only come in if extremely necessary. They were concerned about them possibly getting this virus.

I looked down at the crowd of fans sitting in front of the hospital, looking like some sort of protest. And for what? To make their OpPaR divorce me? This marriage is only temporary...

Suddenly a familiar car pulled up, making me squint to see that it was the one and only, Park Jimin. He didn't even bring bodyguards does he want to get mobbed.

I was on one of the high floors, meaning I honestly couldn't hear what Jimin was saying to them. Until I saw him grab a speaker and speak into it. After hearing what he said I sighed.

"What a crazy bastard."

"Mrs Park?" I turned around to see a nurse with a whole body suit to cover her. Safety precautions I get it.

"Your guardian has signed these papers, meaning you have to take these tests."

"MY WHA-" I was forced to cut myself off as I started coughing, shouldn't have raised my voice fuck.

"I'm 25, what on earth do you mean my guardian? I'm an adult." I told her.

"Well in this case we need some sort of consent before taking these tests. We found out your mother was admitted here and we told her about the situation. She told us to deliver this note to you." She replied. I hesitantly took the small piece of paper from her hand.

Please do it, for me, and for everyone else.

But that's not fair... I called my mum's number. The nurse left saying that she would prepare the equipment for the tests.

"Hey baby." Her voice spoke out, weak as ever.

"Eomma..." I tried to hold back my urge to wanna cry.

"It's okay. You're okay. You have to take the tests Seul, don't be a child." She told me coldly.

"I wish I was a child. The times where I didn't have to worry every second that the mother that birthed me might be breathing her last breaths. Why don't you understand...? I wanna run into your embrace. I miss you mum. If those tests come out positive I have to stay away from you for another 2 weeks, and what if by then..."

"I die? Baby, death is inevitable. Even if you test negative and get let out of quarantine, how can you be so sure that you'll definitely be with me during my last breaths? You can't call God and ask which exact time I'm going to die now can you?"

"Stop." I let out a sigh after hearing her little attempt to make me smile.

"Take the tests, have hope, there's still a possibility for you to test negative." She told me.

"Ok." I agreed.

"Oh and Yeseul." She spoke again, making me hum in response.

"When you test negative my ward room will be open. Run into my embrace then ok?"