11. I think I found it

Another victory today; winning games have become regular at this point. But like every other soccer game, we have to fight until the end. Lynda got a goal today, which was fun; she hasn't scored in a while, which is technically not her part of the game to do. It's was an important goal, though. We needed it to win today, and that is what we got.

"Wilder!" I hear my coach yell impatiently from down the hall.

"Yeah, I'm one the way!" I shout back as I stuffed my clothes and towel back in my bag. Then I rushed to place my wet hair in a ponytail. The girls on the team don't like to shower here, but I don't mind since I have the place to myself. Yet, if I shower here, we would save a little money at home for power. On the plus side, I can take more time depends on the coach's patient with me.

I throw my bag over my shoulder and follow after Warren outside, where I got hit with a breeze right away.

"I see you on Monday, Wilder," She says, and I smile at her, including a wave as we split apart. I search through my pockets for my key but stop as I see a figure leaning on my truck. My geet keeps ongoing, and I am met with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Nico, surprised as I look around me, making sure no one is here. The parking lot is empty by now, and the sun is soon about to go down.

"I was watching you play," She shrugs.

"Why? Are you looking for my weaknesses?" I chuckle.

"Maybe," She says, folding her arms over her chest.

"The only weakness I have is when I get knocked out," I tell her as I throw the bag over in the back of the truck.

"Yeah, you are stubborn on the pitch," Nico says, and I look away, feeling all tingly of how she has noticed that about me. I have thought about the conversation with dad, and I only came to one conclusion: I can't do this. Soccer has been my entire life, and I have worked so hard for it. I can't possibly throw it all away. I roll my eyes at myself; why would she ever like me in that way anyways.

"Are you okay?" She almost laughs at me.

"Yeah," I say, embarrassed I was too far gone in my head.

"But seriously, why are you here?" I question one more time because she shouldn't. She stands up straight and unfolds her arms to her side.

"No reason, just checking out how you guys play so I can figure out how to beat you next time," She grins.

"Sure," I say as I open the door to enter my truck.

"You won't be able to beat us next time," I sit down on my seat.

"I think we have a fair chance," She disagrees, and I shake my head to her confidence. We both stares at each other intensely; I can't stop it. She is just that beautiful, with her hair up in a ponytail, and it's exposing her strong jawline. Nico's cheekbones are higher than what most people have, and it's stunning. Why does my heart desire a person that I can't have? It's that how it works? Are we supposed to want people we shouldn't? It's like she is the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden. The temptations are high, but I know it would be my downfall if I reach for it, if I reach for her.

"Our game isn't until the end of the season, so you have a lot of time to figure it out," I shrug, and it earned me a sly smile.

"Figure out your weaknesses, you mean," Nico winks, and I place my hand over my face. Her ability to twist my words is incredible, but I haven't decided yet if I like it or not. The confidence in her turns her bold, and she isn't scared of saying anything.

"I don't have any," I don't have a weakness on the soccer field. It's the only place I feel whole, and it's like the world I don't want to be in has faded away. The worries are gone; it's like the world as a whole has been set on pause.

"We all have one," She says, and I tilt my head.

"Oh, so what is yours?" I question her in return, and she leans onto the side of the door, watching me as a tiny smile appears.

"I used to think I didn't' have any, but I think I found it," Her words took me aback.

"What?" I ask as she took a few steps back.

"Nevermind, I see you around number ten," She grins my way, but the look in her eyes showed something else. Nico finds her way back to her car and finds herself inside. I think it was that I didn't understand what she meant that saddened her. I don't know, and I should not think so much about it.