26. You said that out loud

"Wilder," I heard my name faintly. 

"Wild," Nico said and shook me lightly, but I can't open my eyes; I'm too tired. It feels like I have been hit by a truck. The pain in my throat that has bothered me the last week is starting to feel like someone is rubbing sandpaper down there. 

"Number ten," She keeps on trying, but I turned to the side to avoid her. She is making too much noise. 

"Baby?" She chuckled this time. I wrinkled my nose to that but couldn't care less at the moment.

"No, not even that," Nico laughed slightly.

"Stop moving," I mumbled in annoyance as she shook the bed.  

"Hey," She said as she pulled me to the side to lay me on my back. I opened my eyes bearly, seeing a couple of worried eyes staring down at me. 

"You are burning up, Wilder," She laid her arm on my forehead, and I closed my eyes again.

"And I don't mean like Wilder warm, but fever warm," She took her arm off me. 

"You are sweating like crazy, don't you feel it?" Nico asked, caressing my cheek, and I nodded. My mouth is so dry, and it's intensely hot in here, or as Nico said, I'm the one that's overheating. 

"Up," She said and pulled me up, seated. I watched her weirdly as she removed the duvet and sat on my lap, but then she started to push up my shirt, and I slapped her hands away. 

"I know, but your shirt is all stuck to you, and your temperature is high; you need to cool off," She explained as I closed my eyes and leaned my head onto her shoulder. 

"Wilder, you are crazy warm," She said, and I only nodded as I want to pass out again. Yet she pulled up the shirt once more and took it over my head; with a thud, I fell back down into the bed. That was defiantly better with the shirt off. 

"Where do you have painkillers?" She asked. 

"Somewhere in the kitchen," I mumbled as she placed her hand on my belly.

"Can't believe the first time I see you half-naked, you are sick," She chuckled, and with the bit of strength I had, I slapped her on the thigh. 

"I will see if I find those painkillers and a bottle of water," Nico said as she went out of bed. I listen to her disappearing out of the room, and I kicked away the duvet from my legs. Turning around in the bed, the cool air on my back is soothing. I can hear Nico messing around downstairs but then hear my dad's voice eventually as well. 

"Wilder," A cold hand on my back sent shivers up and down my body.  

"Sorry," Nico said after she had startled me. 

"I accidentally woke up your dad, but he helped me find the painkillers, and I got you water," She told me as I turned around in bed, feeling as if my bones would break at every move I make. Grabbing her shirt, I pulled myself up while she gave me the opened bottle along with the painkillers. Swallowing down the pills with the water, Nico placed her hand on the back of my neck.

"You are drenched, Wilder," She said worriedly as I drank the entire bottle of water, burning my throat on the way down. It felt more as if I was swallowing needles. 

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as I laid back down. 

"Why are you apologizing?" She wondered. 

"I don't know, I feel like I have been run over," I said, closing my eyes as the tiredness is taking over me.