16. Are you lost again?

Dad texted me to come to my grandparents after school. There were no details on why, but I presume they need help with something on the farm. Grandad is starting to become too old for it now. He would be mad if I told him that, but I have notched how much time it has taken of dad. 

He spends a lot of time at work and with his parents to make sure everything on the farm is going well. I try and help, but school and soccer come in the way most of the time. I could probably be better. 

The snow is falling beautifully down from the gray sky, laying down nicely onto the ground as if it was a white carpet covering it all. Every tree, waterfalls, and river is frozen over. 

I slow down as I saw Nico getting out of the car, but she saw me and a bright smile back upon her face. I pull the car into the driveway and park it as she comes my way.

"Hi," Nico grinned after she opened my door, she looks wonderful standing there with too big of a hoodie and blue jeans. Her hair up in a ponytail, which I like the most. It shows her cute cheeks bones. 

"Hi," I smiled in return.

"Are you lost again?" She wondered.

"No, I'm going up to my grandparents," I said, and she lit up with a bright smile.

"Can I join you?" 

"I guess," I shrugged. 

"Okay, wait here," She said and ran for her house. Not long after, she came back, pulling on a jacket, and seated herself in my car. 

"Why would you like to go with me?" I asked, closing my door and pulled out of the driveway. 

"Well, maybe your grandparents will relive all of your secrets," She teased.

"I don't have any secrets," I frowned. 

"No, but you have a lot of layers," Nico said, and I looked down at myself quickly, as I'm only wearing a jacket, a sweatshirt, and pants.

"I only have three," I argued and saw Nico watches me with an earnest look on her face.

"I'm not sure if you are serious or if you are joking," Nico said, uncertain, but I shrugged as I pulled up the gravel road to my grandparents' house. 

"You are cute though," She placed a kiss on my cheek, which I didn't expect. My father is driving the tractor, shuffling the snow away from the road. I park the car behind his vehicle, and we both step outside to the cold. 

Dad stopped the tractor and opened the door as we went in his direction.

"Hi, Dean," Nico waved, and dad grinned as he jumped down. 

"Hi, you guys want to see something?" Dad asked, and both of us nodded unsurely as to why he is excited. He indicated us to follow him to the house, and on the way, Nico managed to snatch my hand into hers. I gave her a look, but she ignored it and kissed my forehead instead. 

As we entered and took off our shoes and jackets, we were hit with warmth from the fireplace. Nico didn't hesitate as she placed herself in front of the heat. 

"Oh hi," Grandmom said, looking at Nico stunned. 

"Nico, this is my mother, Ella," Dad said, and they both introduced themself. I'm amazed by how comfortable Nico is with everything around her. 

"You are a friend of Wilder?" She asked, and Nico bit her lip thoughtfully as she looked at me. 

"I guess we can call it that for now," Nico shrugged, and my dad started laughing. Grandmom and I met eyes, not sure what to think at the moment.