15. I like you

Arms embrace me from behind, holding me tightly, almost as if she was frightened that I would run away. The warmth of her body pressed against me makes it feel like there is a ball bouncing back and forth down in my belly. Her legs are wrapped around mine, and the softness of her feet feels nice as they touch my skin.

I remembered it got warm during the night, and I had to kick off my socks; it seems like she did the same thing. Nico's breathing is tickling the back of my neck, and I have to contain the shivers so I won't wake her up. At least I think she is asleep. It feels like it by how her chest moves in a calm rhythm. 

I froze to the sound of the front door closing, dad must be home early, or perhaps we have been sleeping too long. Slowly and steadily, I try to slip out of her arms but only got pulled back in even tighter. 

Nico has incredible strength, which is not a surprise by the look of her body's muscles. Then there is also the fact that she is taller than me; basically, she has all the advantages. How rude is that? 

Again, I try to get out of her embrace, pulling her arm away, but she clutches onto me. 

"Where do you think you are going?" She chuckles, and a blush blows upon my cheeks. I shook as she buried her face in the back of my head. 

"Nico," I sighed and finally managed to push myself out of her arms to face her. Words seemed to get lost along the way as I looked into her earthly colored eyes. I love the dance between the green and the brown. But it's the warmth and that self-assurance that blooms in them, which seems to turn my heart upside down. Perhaps she is the person I need in my life, someone who can pull me out.

"Number ten," Nico whispered, placing her thumb on my lip. I don't know why she does it, but I'm scared she will stop if I asked. 

"I think you forgot what you were going to say," She smiled, and I narrowed my eyes as I came back to reality.

"My dad is home," I told her, and she seemed unsure now. 

"Is that a problem?" She asked and bit her lower lip.

"No, not really," I shrugged. 

"Can I ask you something?" Nico wondered, and I nodded. 

"You talk about your dad, but where is your mom?" She asked me.

"I have absolutely no idea," I beamed brightly as a joke, but it's true, though, and it made Nico chuckle.

"Okay, I won't pry," She leaned forward and planted her lips on my forehead but linger for a little while. It's comforting her touch; only present is honestly enough. 

"You use humor, which is cute," She said, her breath warm on my skin. 

"What?" I wondered, not understanding what she is talking about. But now I realized she called me cute, which is weird because I'm not. 

"You use humor as a defense mechanism," She shrugged.

"When it comes to soccer, you are confident. But elsewhere, you are a bit tense and often quiet. Your shyness is adorable," I placed my hand over her mouth to keep her silent. 

"Ouch," I said as she bit my finger and left a small mark. 

"I find you extremely funny, and you aren't even trying to be," She smiled, but I gazed away as it was uncomfortable to listen to all those compliments. 

"And," She placed her hand under my chin, forcing me to look at her.

"Whenever you are around, I can always see you are looking at me," Nico laid her fingertips onto my cheek; I think it's become one of her trademarks.