9 - detention

—————
Draco's POV:
—————

I can not believe that I was on my way to detention with Y/n Whitmoore of all people.

Shit, how was I going to win this bet if we hated each other so much?

I have to make her like me again.

We need to be on good terms.

When I walked into Snape's classroom for detention, Y/n was already there with her head face down on her desk.

I laughed to myself because it was obvious she had never been in detention before.

I sat down right next to her and gently tapped her shoulder.

"Pssh, Whitmoore." I whispered as she looked up at me and sighed.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" She asked.

Her eyes looked into mine and I saw that they looked tired.

"I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I was a complete dick and you didn't deserve it." I smiled apologetically and waited for her response.

"You're bipolar, did you know that?" She laughed.

I tilted my head and looked at her, confused by her observation.

"You're rude to me one minute, and then the next you're apologizing. It's like you're two different people." She stated with no emotion in her face.

What the hell was wrong with her?

Come on Malfoy, give her what she wants.

Just keep apologizing.

"I know, and I'm sorry." I made a pouty face and made a sarcastic begging notion.

She laughed and responded, "All is forgiven for now, but if you screw up one more time..."

"I won't." I stated sternly.

She smiled, but our moment was interrupted when Snape walked in.

"Ah, there's only two of you today," Snape announced with a straight face, "How exciting."

We worked in silence for the rest of detention and when we were dismissed, Whitmoore and I walked back to the Slytherin common room together.

This time, we actually talked.

We talked about our lives back home, even though I didn't have much to talk about, I just listened.

Her parents didn't pay much attention to her, either.

She was an only child, just like me and was used to the so called rich life.

I found myself smiling, knowing that someone knew the struggle of being an only child with parents who barely knew you existed half the time.

But, I quickly shrugged it off.

Focus, Malfoy.

Don't become too close.

Finish the dare.

When we reached the common room, the group was waiting for us, spread out on the couches.

"Finally, you've arrived," Ryder laughed, " Jade wouldn't stop asking me when you guys would be here."

Jade nudged him in the ribcage and responded "I was worried, okay?!"

We all laughed as Y/n and I made our way to the couches.

This time we sat down on the same couch.

That was new.

"We would've been here sooner if Malfoy hadn't earned us a bloody detention." Y/n laughed.

"You're the one who called me a dick in front of  Professor Slughorn!" I laughed, lightly nudging her.

The group looked at us, confused.

"Are you guys...friends? And not fighting?" Jade asked with her head tilted.

"I guess you could call it that." Y/n laughed and smiled at me.

I smiled back, when Ryder shifted uncomfortably and gave me a look.

A look that said are you two shagging or some shit?

I mouthed to him "not yet" and he blinked, completely shocked as though I had just read his mind.

I simply laughed and began to start on my homework.

—————
Y/n POV:
—————

We were all doing our work when suddenly Jade gasped and we all looked at her with horrified expressions, but she just laughed.

"I just had the best idea! Let's go to hosmeade tomorrow. All of us!" She smiled and clapped her hands.

The boys looked at her with confused faces but I simply smiled and said "That sounds like a nice idea."

"I'll go if Whitmoore is going." Draco stated and went back to working on his schoolwork.

I felt myself slightly blushing.

I was glad that Draco and I were on good terms.

He was being kind to me all of a sudden and it seemed kind of strange but I shrugged it off.

I couldn't wait for hogsmeade tomorrow.

—————

Oooo hogsmeade trio tomorrow! I smell group bonding and of course...drama!😉
please vote🖤love u guys!!