64 - nearing the end

—————
Y/n POV
—————

It's been a week since Draco surprised me in his dorm and I was anxious as ever.

"I'm afraid we're nearing the end."

What did he mean by that?

Every time I thought of those words, a cold shiver was sent down my spine.

There were only two more weeks of school and I couldn't wait to finally leave. The death eaters ruled the school and it was a terrible environment for all of the students.

Draco's owl no longer visited me at the window and I found myself re reading the letter over and over as a coping mechanism.

I missed him too much and I was scared for him...

He looked scared when I last saw him and I couldn't get his last words out of my head.

"Please save me..."

I promised him.

But how was I going to save him?

There was no way...he was too far away and if I went to the manor I would most likely be killed.

So what did he mean by that?

Were he and Jade okay?

—————

"The teachers have been acting paranoid lately, don't you think?" Blaise asked us as we sat in the Slytherin common room again like last weekend.

"I've noticed them being a bit jumpy a few times, but they didn't seem that scared." Luna assured Blaise, massaging his back.

We had managed to sneak Luna into the common room successfully again and it was probably because everyone else was too afraid of getting caught by the Carrows.

So Blaise and Luna have noticed it too...

"Why do you think they've been acting differently?" Ryder asked curiously, not understanding what exactly we were talking about.

"Apparently Harry, Ron, and Hermione have destroyed almost all of the Horcruxes!" Luna smiled hopefully, knowing that they would soon be able to kill Voldemort, "When they destroy the last one, Voldemort will be mortal!"

"Shhhh!" Blaise warned, covering Luna's mouth, "Don't say his name."

"I'm not afraid of him." Luna laughed, knocking his hand off of her mouth, "And neither should you."

Blaise hesitantly nodded, knowing that Voldemort was a lot more powerful than we all thought, but tried to act composed in front of his girlfriend.

"Do you think they can do it?" I asked, a bit nervous for what was to come.

"Of course they can!" Luna smiled, "And once Voldemort dies, the death eaters will go with him-"

She immodestly slapped her own hand over her face before looking at me apologetically.

"I didn't mean that. Draco and Jade had no choice. They're not like the rest of them..."