65 - final battle part 1

—————
Y/n POV
—————

"Harry's back!"

I heard kids running down the hallways of Hogwarts cheering Harry's name and I grew confused.

Harry was back?

I looked over at Ryder and Blaise, but they just shrugged and walked back towards the common rooms with me.

"You won't believe it!" Luna exclaimed with a wide smile on her face as she ran towards us, almost running into Blaise.

"Believe what?" Blaise looked down at her, confused on what was so exciting.

"Harry, Ron, and Hermione...they're back!" She smiled as all of our jaws dropped.

I looked over to see that Ryder and Blaise were just as shocked as I was as I exclaimed, "No way!"

"Yes! They need to find the last horcruxes. It's somewhere in the castle and I think it's-"

"All students must report to the main hall immediately" Snape's voice echoed through the school and Luna huffed, frustrated that she was interrupted.

We all made our way to the Great Hall, and when we were all together, Snape walked in with a disappointed frown on his face.

"It's come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was spotted in Hogsmeade." Snape announced and the crowd of students broke out into whispers, surprised by the news.

"Now, should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished in a matter consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty." He warned, eyeing down every student carefully, "Now then, if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward."

He slowly walked down the aisle in between the students as he looked around seriously, "Now."

As I looked around the crowd myself, I noticed that everyone kept their eyes forward and their lips pressed together, careful not to show any emotion that would give away whether they knew or not.

And then, something happened that nobody expected...

Harry Potter stepped out behind a group of Gryffindor as the crowd gasped in unison. Everyone looked shocked as he stepped closer to Snape with an angry glare set in his face.

"It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, we still have a bit of security problem, Headmaster." Harry declared as the doors to the Great Hall opened and in walked none other than the Order.

More gasps were heard as they emerged confidently, challenging Snape and his staff of death eaters.

"How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night!" Harry yelled as Snape suddenly pulled out his wand and aimed it at Harry.

McGonagall jumped in front of Harry immediately and raised her wand as well, challenging Snape further before she shot at him. She kept shooting at him, but all Snape did was block the spells.