47 - amortentia

—————
Y/n POV
—————

I stood there shocked after hearing her confession.

"Y-your parents. Death eaters?" I stuttered as I looked at her with wide eyes.

She sighed and looked down before slowly nodding. I didn't know what else to say, so I just hugged her tightly. The embrace was nice and warm until I started to hear her quiet sobs.

"I'm sorry...I've only told two people." she cried into my shoulder as her body shook.

Jade rarely cried and it completely broke me to see her this way, it was so unlike her.

"Jade shhh it's okay," I whispered as I squeezed her tighter.

"You don't need to be sorry. Who did you tell besides me?"

She pulled away and looked up at me with a few tears still in her eyes.

"Draco," she sniffed as she looked at me cautiously, knowing that I was still upset with him.

"He's the only one that really understands. Because...well you know."

I gave her a weak smile and tried to comfort her for the rest of the night.

—————

The next day, Draco didn't show up to any of his classes.

I was walking from Lunch to Potions, a bit concerned that Draco wasn't here walking with me.

I was still mad about what he did but I couldn't help but feel regret for the way I'd spoke to him yesterday.

He was vulnerable and open with me and I turned him down.

When I arrived in potions, I took my normal seat and smirked when I looked over at Pansy.

She looked like a mess and hasn't been talking as much as she used to.

Thank Merlin.

"Today we will be testing the amortentia potion." Slughorn announced as he walked into the classroom.

Amortentia potion?

"Excuse me, professor. What is that?" I kindly asked and Slughorn turned to me and smiled.

"Well, y/n. Amortentia is one of the most powerful potions known," he smiled, "It smells like what attracts you."

I politely nodded and turned my attention back to the work in front of me before I heard someone laugh.

"What the hell is your problem, Parkinson?!" I seethed as I turned my head to her.

"Just thought it was funny that you didn't know what amortentia was, that all." she smirked.

"By the way, how's Draco? I heard you couldn't even remember him for a month..."

"You bitch-"

"Now, do we have any volunteers to smell it first?" Slughorn interrupted us as he asked the class.