32 - see you soon

—————
Y/n POV
—————

When I woke up, Draco wasn't in the bed again.

I got up and threw on the same sweater as yesterday, but when I looked at his side of the bed, the indent of his body wasn't there.

He never came back to bed, last night.

I frowned and wondered where he could've been all night, and bad thoughts started to fill in my mind.

Is he cheating? Did he die? Is he hurt?

I made my way downstairs and looked for him everywhere.

Well everywhere, except for Lucius's office, because that man scared the shit out of me.

I was turning away from the office door, when it suddenly revealed a scowling Lucius Malfoy, glaring at me.

"What are you doing down here?" He seethed and I felt myself shrinking from nerves.

"I um..I was looking for Draco."

His angry face faltered for a second and a flash of confusion spread across his features before he scoffed, "That boy is ridiculous."

I felt anger rise inside me. How dare he talk about his own son that way?

"How so?" I asked and he let out a chuckle.

"He's over dramatic, its pathetic, really." He scoffed as he looked down at me.

And that's when I lost it.

"How dare you speak about him that way!? You're the pathetic one! Merlin, what a father you are..." I scoffed and felt proud of myself for sticking up for my boyfriend.

Lucius was furious. I could almost see the steam coming out of his ears and his face turned red immediately.

And then, he slapped me.

"How dare you speak to me like that in my own home!" He yelled and he glared down at me.

The pain was sharp and sudden and when I lifted my hand up to my cheek, I could feel the burning heat of the impact. That was going to leave a mark.

My bottom lip began to tremble, so I quickly ran off before Lucius could see me cry.

I ran out the back doors of the manor and down the hill towards the Draco and my little spot. As I got closer, I started to notice a figure lying down on the blanket we had left out.

Draco.

I kneeled down beside him and saw that he was awake, just staring at the sky. His eyes were puffy and he had gigantic bags under them.

Did he not sleep?

When he noticed my presence, he looked over at me, a bit startled, but then relaxed when he saw me.

I didn't know what to do, so I just hugged him. He buried his head in my hair and I could hear him let out a deep breath.

We sat like this for a few minutes. No words were spoken, but no words were needed.