52 - on the run

—————
Y/n POV
—————

I woke up in the middle of the night to see Ron gently shaking my shoulders.

"It's time to go." He whispered as I groggily rubbed my eyes.

I whined as I got out of the warm covers and checked the clock to my right.

"Ron, it's 3 in the morning, why can't I sleep?" I groaned as he quickly out his hand over my mouth.

I tried to yell in protest, but my voice was muffled by his hand.

"You said you wanted to come, and shut up would you?! You're going to wake up the others." He warned as he slowly released his hand.

I pouted as I stood up and wrapped an oversized sweatshirt around me.

It was Draco's.

I realized that I'd never given it back and I let out a soft giggle thinking about how he never noticed it was gone.

I gathered a few things to out in a small backpack, not knowing how long we would be away for. After I finished packing, I quietly walked into the hallway and closed the door gently, careful not to wake anybody else up.

"Are you all ready?" I heard Hermione ask as I slowly walked down the stairs, trying not to fall in the dark.

When I reached the bottom, I smiled and nodded as Harry grabbed a few things from the kitchen.

"All set." He grinned as he walked by us and lead us to the door.

He opened it quietly, making sure it wouldn't creak, and took a step outside as the rest of us started to follow him.

"You're leaving?" I heard a voice whisper from behind us and I turned to see Ryder standing in the dark looking at me angrily.

I gulped and looked at his harsh expression as he slowly took a step towards me.

"You weren't going to say goodbye...You were just going to leave." He choked out, looking me up and down in disbelief, "What would I think when I woke up and you weren't here?"

I frowned, seeing how upset he was with me as I now took a step closer to him.

"Ryder, I'm sorry. I didn't know how to tell you-"

"Where are you going?" He asked seriously, his voice low.

"We're hunting for horcruxes." Ron stated from behind me and I could tell that he wanted to go now.

"And when will you be back?" He asked, a bit quieter this time and I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"I don't know," I answered honestly and I watched his head fall as he looked down at his feet.

"Be safe." was all he could mumble from his mouth, trying to contain his emotions, "I can't lose you too."

I walked over to him and hugged him tightly, not knowing when I'd see him next.