chapter seven

ISAAC'S INVITE

Three weeks had passed since Oliver had introduced himself to Lara (for the second time) and since then, both Oliver and Lara's friends had somehow merged into one big  group

Three weeks had passed since Oliver had introduced himself to Lara (for the second time) and since then, both Oliver and Lara's friends had somehow merged into one big group.

Of course lara would still have her own time with Ella and Kieran but at breakfast everyone would sit together and chat.  All 10 of them.

Just like they were now.

Lara sat with Oliver on her right and Ella on her left. Surrounding them were the Weasley twins, Angelina, Alicia and Katie. A bit further from the group sat Kieran and Percy who were too engrossed in a book about dragons to worry about the gossip and excitement that hung in the air.

In two days was the first quidditch match of the season.

Gryffindor Vs. Slytherin.

"Guys you need to eat! I can't have my team being malnourished two days before the big game!" Oliver hurried, stress emitting from him in thick waves. The group groaned collectively, Fred slamming his head on the table.

"Not this again!" He whined.

"Not what again?" Lara laughed at his dramatic expression.

"It's Oliver! Whenever we get near a game he goes all 'do this! do that!'" Alicia accused.

"I'm right here guys." Oliver put in, but was ignored as Alicia carried on. Lara sent an apologetic look Oliver's way before biting into her chocolate muffin.

"Anyway! We'll be fine this year! With our secret weapon and all" George boasted but was quickly bombarded with a wall of "sh!" by the quidditch team.

Lara's POV

What secret weapon? I turned to Ella who had the same expression of confusion on her face. Then, to Oliver who stared George down with a ferocious glare.

I bumped his shoulder, knocking him out of his gaze so that he turned to me fully. I just smiled hoping that he would mirror it. And he did, sort of. It looked a great effort to pull the ends of his lips into a smile.

"Hey Oliver!" Ella boomed loudly beside me, partly deafening me. I winced and snapped my head to glare at her but she just sat sheepishly.

"Sorry Lara... Anyway! For someone who's telling his team to eat well, it sure does seem suspicious that you have nothing on your plate".

I looked down to his plate and sure enough, nothing was there.

The group made a collective 'ooo' causing Oliver to roll his eyes. I watched on while feasting on my very tasty muffin.