chapter twenty eight

BLANK SPACE

OLIVER'S POV

OLIVER'S POV

"And you have absolutely no idea of how this substance got into your system?" Dumbledore pushed, holding up a glass bottle with a fraying label on the side. I didn't recognise the bottle at all.

I shook my head again, getting bored of the thousands of questions I was being bombarded with.

I had been dragged from potions by Snape immediately after the lesson ended. I was already in a bad mood after seeing Lara disappear with a nervous Isaac Smith, then return with a smug Harvey Windam, who's injuries had not improved one bit. I tried to ignore their - or rather Harvey's - chattering but nothing could take my mind off their closeness. The way he teased her, and she would do nothing about it... did that mean she liked it? I took notice of every single moment of eye contact their shared, every word they spoke to each other. And even the way Lara turned bright red when Harvey whispered something in her ear. I get furious even thinking about it, but seeing at the time was different, a foreign feeling I did not want to experience again.

At that moment I was fully prepared to beat the living shit out of the cocky bastard who thought he could get so close to my girl. My fists curled tight, creating bloody indents from my nails in my palm, my knuckles turning white. My leg shook with anticipation, readying myself to jump up from my seat and whisk her away from his teasing, telling her it was alright and cradling her by the Gryffindor fireplace just like we used too. My face formed a scowl many times that lesson, just as it was as I sat impatiently in professor Dumbledore's office. If I wasn't having a bad day already, I definitely was now.

"Are you sure?" Snape called from beside the headmaster, scowling.

"I'm sure sir, I know as much - or as little- as you do" I retorted honestly, shrugging.

"Well then, that proves it" Dumbledore retreated, seating himself in his throne-like chair.

"Albus- you can't be saying you believe the boy" Snape followed him, lowering his voice. But I could hear from where I was sitting anyway.

"That's exactly what I'm saying Severus, If the boy says he does not recall taking the toxin, then that is the truth"

"But-"

"Severus, you are dismissed. I would like to talk with Mr. Wood alone"

I looked down, trying to hide the smirk from my face as my least favourite teacher was scolded.

"Fine" He grabbed a hold of his black cape, swinging it around and turning with it. He drifted over to the door of Dumbledore's office. His footsteps paused momentarily, turning round to shoot Dumbledore a look of warning, then disappeared down the stairs.