chapter eight

(Don't be a silent reader)

THE BIG GAME

Students flooded into the quidditch pitch donning red or green painted faces, with scarfs wrapped tightly around their necks in the cold September air

Among these were Kieran, Ella and Lara.

"Remind me, why are you wearing Gryffindor colours Ella? You do know you're in slytherin right?" Kieran looked past Lara to a shivering Ella.

"Yes well, Marcus Flint is on our team." She said sourly, digging her face into her scarf in a last attempt of warmth.

"Fair enough" Kieran smiled. Putting his arm round Lara's shoulder.

"Excited to see Oliver play today?" He poked Lara's ribs.

Swatting his hand away, she looked up at him, eyes thinning in suspicion.

"I don't know what you're talking about" she speaks through chattered teeth.

Ella scoffed, grabbing her attention away from the tall ginger.

"Come on, you guys flirt all the time!" She pushed Lara's shoulder playfully.

Lara blushed at the thought of this. Did we?

"Yeah. And we see the way he looks at you" Kieran adds, also adding to her confusion.

What way does he look at me?

"I'm here to see everyone, okay? And flirting doesn't actually mean anything" Lara pushed his arm off of her and put it back to his side.

"Sure jan" Ella dismissed, linking her arm with Lara as they continued down the stone path that led to the quidditch pitch.

The three made random conversations on the way, about anything and everything. Lara took notice of the subtle flirting going on between the Ravenclaw and Slytherin and silently tutted at the hypocrisy.

"Excuse me" a little voice called from behind the three. Simultaneously they all turned round to meet the small gaze of a little girl. She wore Gryffindor robes, and held a book tight in between her hands. Her hair was light brown and went in all sorts of directions in the blowing wind.

"Us?" Ella questioned.

"No. Just her." She said with a matter a fact, before pointing to Lara.