chapter nineteen

FIRST TERM

The Christmas holidays flew by, I spent the entire day in the festive apartment that me and Elijah finally finished

The Christmas holidays flew by, I spent the entire day in the festive apartment that me and Elijah finally finished. The highlight of the day was that Luna and Dad came round for a few hours, which was all that dad could manage. Christmas, along with most other things, reminded him of mum. I was just happy that they came, and I could see little Luna. My heart warmed at her eyes lighting up at the sight of the apartment. Elijah stole her from me and Louis for most of her visit, happy that he has a cousin he can spoil and not argue with every other second.

We shared presents early on in the day. I got some new homemade earrings from Luna, with a bracelet from my dad with multiple charms on, but still enough space to add some if I found any more. From Ella I got a red lingerie set. I kept that out of view from my family and took a mental note to scold her later for her terrible present idea. From Kieran I got a batch of goodies from sugarplum's sweet shop. Which seemed to have disappeared as soon as I offered one to Louis.

From Louis I got the new Astrology: A History and from Elijah I got some more Puddlemere shirts and jumpers. You would think that Puddlemere's star chaser would really cash out at Christmas. But Elijah was a different breed, and decided to get his hands on any freebies his team got.

New Years Eve soon approached, and I celebrated it with half of the Puddlemere team (specifically the ones that were single and had nothing better to do than get pissed), Louis, Elijah and Ella to this secluded muggle bar. It was a far from a quiet night, and I found myself with a heavy head the next day. Ella stayed over a few more nights before eventually having to go back home and pack for school.

Now, after getting all of my supplies from Diagon Alley, I was pushing every object I owned into a small suitcase, all while Elijah sat on the top of it to push down the lid. Louis stood at the door making snarky comments and not helping at all.

"It won't shut! I give up!" I growled, throwing my arms up.

"Maybe if you didn't have all these books" Elijah suggested, ripping out a potions textbook and inspecting it while wearing a look of disdain.

"She's a Ravenclaw for a reason mate" Louis chuckled from the doorway.

"Smart-ass" Elijah remarked before I tore the book from his grasp and stuffed it back into the small gap of the case.

"Let's try this again!" I clapped my hands together bossily.

Elijah snapped up into position, sitting cross legged on top of it.  And even though he was pushing all his body weight down, the case lid hardly moved. I huffed and crossed my arms,  defeated.