chapter twelve

ASTRONOMY TOWER AFTER LIGHTS OUT

The cold Ravenclaw pulled her thick, navy cardigan tighter round her body with one hand as she used the other to hold onto the railing of the spiral staircase

The cold Ravenclaw pulled her thick, navy cardigan tighter round her body with one hand as she used the other to hold onto the railing of the spiral staircase. Lara let out a shaky breath as she reached the top, her mind running a rampage of thoughts, trying to figure out what Oliver was going to say to her.

Lara had left her dorm the second it became lights out, she had been thinking about it since earlier that day. Even as she sat in the Gryffindor common room where Fred and George were dancing around like crazy, she found herself drifting off to the astronomy tower after lights out. Yearning to know what was going on with him. In her defence, Oliver had been distant with her for a month now. Of course it never got so bad to the point where he was ignoring her, but it was just different from when Oliver reintroduced himself. He was always so happy around her, then something changed. And now she may finally get an explanation.

Lara finally reached the top, her legs dragging her towards the balcony where she instantly spotted the silhouette of the boy she came to see.

LARA'S POV

I shivered when I saw him, he wore the same black turtleneck that defined his arms as he did earlier, his hair ruffled slightly. He leant over the thin railing, his gaze tilted to the sky. I walked forward slowly, hugging my arms to my body to keep warm.

"Its beautiful isn't it" He expressed dreamily, not taking his honey brown eyes off of the dark blue sky.

"The moon" He confirmed.

I brought myself beside him, following his gaze up to the luminous grey orb in the sky. It bathed in the stars that littered the night sky. It was beautiful, he was right. I sighed up at the view, forgetting I was cold and putting my hands on the railing as he was.

"Aquila" I pointed, standing on my tiptoes as he moved closer to me to follow where I pointed, I felt myself flush at his closeness, brushing my shoulder with his. I lowered my arm slowly when he smiled up at the constellation I pointed out. I ogled as his eyes grazed over the stars, his face lit up by the iridescent shine of the moon. My breath shortened as I realised just how beautiful this boy was, I looked away with a blush on my cheeks. Tightening my grip on the railing I rock back and forward on my feet.

"It means eagle" I stated. With that, he ripped his gaze from the constellations and down to me. I stared at the railing in front of me, but in my peripheral vision saw his dimples grow with his smile.

"I didn't know you knew about constellations" He let out entertained, in almost a whisper. If it were any quieter, it would have been carried away by the soft breeze that circled the tower.