chapter ten

THE MORNING AFTER

I woke with a start, instantly regretting it because now the banging in my head was even more painful

I woke with a start, instantly regretting it because now the banging in my head was even more painful. I straightened up in my bed using my elbows to hoist me up. I rubbed my eyes to rid them of sleep and let out a tired yawn. Upon opening my eyes fully, I shot up straight away.

"Where am I?" I murmured under my breath, eyes darting around the unknown room.

"This isn't my bed" I breathed out.

Panic stricken, I made sure every piece of clothing from last night was still on. Luckily, they were which caused sigh of relief to escape my lips. I crashed back onto the pillow on this bed, trying to process the events last night, and what led me to here. I couldn't remember anything. I was definitely in Gryffindor due to the red curtains lining the two beds in the room.

"oh, you're awake!" A voice at the doorway caught me off guard.

I shot up again, this time dragging the covers up to my shoulders as I stared at the scottish boy I've grown close to in the past month. He had a bright smile on his face and a cup of orange juice in his hands. I watched him closely as he walked over, placing the orange juice on the bedside table and then carefully situating himself at the edge of the bed.

"How are you-"

I winced at how loud he was being, I could already feel my headache worsening.

"Oh uh sorry" He had lowered his voice to a lower volume "How are you feeling?" He finally asked, worry peaking his features.

"I'm uh" I croaked out, my voice obviously feeling as shit as my head.

He quickly leant over to the orange juice and placed it in my hands. I nodded a thankyou and didn't hesitate to down the glass.

"thanks" I huffed, giving the empty glass back to him.

"What am I doing in here? We didn't... did we?" I trailed off.

"Oh Godric no! I would never! I mean, no that's not what I mean. You were drunk and neither of us could figure out the Ravenclaw password and so I took you here- uh-I slept on the sofa... downstairs" he sputtered out, stumbling over his words every few seconds.

Phew. I nodded in understanding and looked around the room, taking a deep breath in.

"messy" I teased upon seeing the strewn out clothes that blanketed the floor. He laughed softly, I watched as his shoulders went up and down.