chapter eleven

OUNCE OF AN ATTRACTION

OLIVER'S POV

She nodded and left as quick as she could, her legs carried her all the way to the end of the main hall... until Kat came along, grabbing her by the arm.

"What was her problem?" George mumbled from across the table. I then heard a small thud followed by a whimper.

"Ow! Why'd you keep hitting me!?" George complained, rubbing his arm.

I tuned them out and watched as Lara talked with Kat, who had the biggest fake smile plastered on her face that I had ever seen. They both looked to me for a couple of seconds before turning back. Lara looked pissed, but it didn't hurt seeing her pissed as much as seeing her upset.

I knew when she found out that I'd gotten with Kat she was upset, no matter how hard she'd tried to hide it. And I felt terrible because it was all my fault. I let jealousy take over last night and now I've hurt the only girl I've ever had a crush on in my life. Why did I think she would ever go out with Isaac? she clearly detested him even when drunk.

I didn't know much about her personal life, but I felt the need to protect her last night. I knew from the second I stopped kissing Kat I'd be prepared to go beat Isaacs ass if I had too, despite him being two years above.

And it wasn't just that, I also felt like I owed it to the Lara to not kiss anyone else. As if there was something invisible between us. A silent pact, almost. I had a sense she liked me back for a while. The subtle flirts, the blushing whenever I complimented her, and the endless amount of compliments she gave me last night. I'd do anything to hear her say she loved my accent again, anything to hear her say she loved one of my biggest insecurities...

I watched as she her ripped her arm from Kat's death grip, giving me one last look before turning and leaving.

I've never felt so embarrassed with myself.

Turning back to the twins I saw they were no longer arguing but selling some puking pastilles to a year one.

I sighed and left them to it, making my way to the quidditch pitch to cool off.

How could I be so stupid?

One month later

LARA'S POV

"It's Halloween!" Ella screamed in my ear, jumping up and down around my dorm. Yasmin laughed and joined her, as I rolled my eyes and turned back to the mirror.