chapter fifteen

FESTIVITIES

The great hall was decked out in all things christmas

The great hall was decked out in all things christmas. The festive season had just begun. A giant, glowing tree sat at the far end of the room, dressed in intricate red and gold decor. Other, smaller trees were dotted around the room adding to the festive spirit while snow rained down from the charmed ceiling above the chatty students.

Today was the final hogsmeade visit until the students left for christmas holidays and the group was each buzzing with different kinds of emotion. While fred, George and Ella were jumping from their seats, ready to go drink butterbeer. Oliver and Kieran were anxiously finding ways to ask their girls to go with them.

Meanwhile, Lara sat oblivious to Oliver's question with a parchment and quill, rapidly scribbling down what she should get for her family and friends this christmas.

"Ugh! why did I have to leave presents till the last minute?!" she whined, slamming her quill down on the table, clearly having ran out of ideas. The rest of the group were too busy in conversations to notice her breakout, and Kieran was in his own little world.

Oliver, who sat next to her put his hand on her knee and squeezed. She looked up to him as he gave her a comforting smile.

"I can help you if you want?" He grins, picking up the quill and dragging the parchment over to him.

Lara exhaled and thanked Rowena for giving her such a good friend. However she didn't ignore the way her heart fluttered at his grasp on her knee.

Over the past month they had gotten closer everyday, spending as much time together as possible to fulfil the promise of getting to know each other before going into a relationship. Lara enjoyed every second, her heart never stopped fluttering when he looked at her, or teased her, or just breathed in general. She found him completely entrancing, and him her.

He had never stopped thinking about her since the day he first met her, but now the feeling was different because now he actually knew her. The feeling was stronger. So much stronger.

"Okay" He took his hand off her knee to grab the quill and tap it beside him. Lara watched with keen interest as he read the list, eyebrows furrowing.

"Lara, there's like nothing on here" He glanced up to her.

"I know! I just can't think of what to get everyone!"

"Don't stress, we'll get it done" he started convincingly "How about sweets for Luna?"

"See why didn't I think of that?"