chapter seventeen

Chapter dedicated to dabs0202  who reminded me to actually write a chapter today! ❤️

CHRISTMAS EVE EVE

It was December 23rd, and the Emerson/Lovegood household was buzzing

It was December 23rd, and the Emerson/Lovegood household was buzzing. Christmas was by far their favourite time of the year, and they never failed to make it spectacular. Elijah and Lara would decorate the apartment in red, green and gold, making their home look like the definition of Christmas. They had spent the past week putting up the gorgeous tree, wrapping presents and having an all round good week full of festive cheer. They preferred not using magic when it came to this stuff, it took away all the fun.

Louis on the other hand, was stressing over the Christmas dinner, which surprisingly he always took care of since no one else could cook. He brought his quidditch competitiveness into the kitchen around Christmas time, always trying to beat last years dinner. Lara and Elijah had took mental notes not to enter the kitchen unless absolutely necessary in an attempt to avoid the wrath of Louis.

"It's Christmas eve eve!" Lara cheers, raising her hands in the air before jumping up and down excitedly.

"That's not a thing!" Louis' muffled shouts screech from the kitchen.

"Grinch!" Elijah responded as he came downstairs, joining Lara in the living room.

Lara stopped her excited cheers as she looked at her cousins attire. He was decked out head to toe in neon Christmas pajamas, with little snowmen on. Lara stifled back a laugh at the horrific sight. They truly were the cheesiest pajamas she'd ever seen.

"You look..." Lara looks him up and down, the smile on her face growing no matter how hard she tried to conceal it.

"They're nice aren't they!" Elijah beamed, yet to notice her teasing.

"Yeah!" Lara cleared her throat and crossed her arms. "They look- um- different?" She scrunches her face up as she meets his murderous gaze.

"Clearly you don't have a sense of fashion" Elijah crossed his arms stubbornly.

"I really don't think that's the reason, Eli" She shook her head, laughing.

"Why you!-" He leant forward, trying to grab her into a tackle. Lara dodged quickly, a screech ripping from her throat.

"You'll never get me!" She sticks out her tongue before darting to the door, escaping his grasp again.

The two sprint around the apartment, giggling uncontrollably as they bump into furniture, knocking things flying.

The two stumble into the kitchen, without thinking. Only the game of tag on their mind.