Someone Pull The Fire Alarm

Italics are thoughts
Underlines are writing, text, print, etc.
Your pov

My alarm clock blared early in the morning, causing my eyes to shoot open, startled. Quickly, I slapped the thing so it shut up. The first day of freshman year, was finally here. All summer I had been dreading the day I'd finally leave my childhood behind and begin my, "adult" high school life. This sucks...

Tiredly, I climbed out of bed, and wandered out of my room into the kitchen. A quiet yawn escaped my lips as I itched the side of my head and began going through the cupboards. I grabbed a box of Honey Nut Cheerios and poured myself a bowl before sitting down at the kitchen island.

Summer went by so fast... I miss middle school... now I must act like an "adult" ugh... all those high school movies of the popular blonde bitches ruining everyone's lives scare me... is that really how it is!? People drinking and partying and doing adult things!? God, I just wanna hide under my sheets until my parents get home...

Finally, I finished my bowl and set it in the sink. With one last sigh, I trudged into my bedroom and flipped through my clothes.

First day... first impressions... no wait... everyone already knows me... so I guess it's more like... second impressions for peers... first impressions for teachers... yeah... so I should where something... I dunno... I'll just put something on and call it...

I pulled on a Smashing Pumpkins shirt, my favorite paint stained jeans, black converse, and a black jacket. My mind buzzed as I gazed at myself in my full body mirror. Yeah... I look okay...

Now that I was dressed, I brushed my teeth, did my hair, and everything in between. Then, I got a message from one of my friends.

Anna: hey, everyone hopes you have a good day at school, we miss you :(

All my friends went to the other high school... well... all the ones I like...

Me: aw, I hope you do too, I also miss you guys :(

With a sad sigh, I slid my earbuds into my ears, plugged them into my iPod, and hit play on the Smashing Pumpkins album, Siamese Dream. Quickly, I snatched my backpack with my things already inside from the night before, and walked to the bus stop. A few freshmen I recognized stood around, along with one or two sophomores.

I know them... but I'm not gonna talk to them... just... focus on the music... everything will be alright... this is gonna be a sucky day...

The bus pulled up and everyone climbed on, including me. I sat in a middle seat, by myself. A few boys sat in the back being loud and obnoxious, but I didn't take any notice to them. Lazily, I gazed out the window as the sun came up over the horizon. The bus only stopped a few more times before we headed to the school. No one sat beside me, which I liked very much.

As we came to a stoplight, there was a red truck right beside us. Their music was blasting so loud I could hear it even after I put my music on full blast. From what I could tell, there were about four boys in the automobile with Black Flag blasting loud. I like Black Flag as much as the next guy... but please... I'm tired...

The light turned green and the bus turned right, the red truck did the same, but then took another turn somewhere I didn't pay attention to. I can imagine what kinda boys they could've been... scary punks... happy they don't go here...

My thoughts came to a stop when the bus pulled up to the school. Everyone piled off the big yellow school bus and began the short walk to the front doors. I stood at the doors for a moment, looking at the big, plain colored school. With one more step... my childhood is officially over...